• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 1 CGC 9.4!!!!
6 6

851 posts in this topic

Just now, szav said:

I’ll take the over and go a ridiculous 2.16 mil.

That's a hell of an over. I guess it's hard for me to envision this book outperforming the Detective 27, but I expect the 27's performance to lift this book from where it would've been had the order been flipped.

32 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

I'm gonna make a prediction on the final price: between 900k and 1.1m.

So I would say just keep in mind 8.0’s sell for around $500K as I previously pointed out. You have 8.5’s, 9.0’s and 9.2’s as potential upgrades from the 8.0 sales. Not saying you may not be correct, but that’s a lot of higher book’s that could sell for quite a bit more than 8.0’s that are already at $500K. Also taking into account this is the single highest graded and on top of that, presents insane for its grade. Which is crazy since it’s a 9.4 lol.

11 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

So I would say just keep in mind 8.0’s sell for around $500K as I previously pointed out. You have 8.5’s, 9.0’s and 9.2’s as potential upgrades from the 8.0 sales. Not saying you may not be correct, but that’s a lot of higher book’s that could sell for quite a bit more than 8.0’s that are already at $500K. Also taking into account this is the single highest graded and on top of that, presents insane for its grade. Which is crazy since it’s a 9.4 lol.

So do you think I'm too high, or too low? It seems like you think I'm too low, but I could read this (interesting and informative!) post as making both arguments.

10 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

So do you think I'm too high, or too low? It seems like you think I'm too low, but I could read this (interesting and informative!) post as making both arguments.

Haha, yeah too low. I mean I’d be really really surprised if it didn’t at least break a million, and by a decent amount. I know there’s been a lot of discussion about books breaking the 1 mil club and how difficult it can be. I just don’t see how this doesn’t easily break a million. A lot of big time collectors/spenders should presumably be after this book.

7 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

So, since my estimate was apparently much too low, are people thinking this will exceed the 1.5 that Detective 27 hit? Or is that about what we're looking at?

I think it could surpass the Detective 27.  If it is at your guess, I would be quite happy

Makes the sole 9.2 copy of Detective 27 less desirable IMHO. The front cover of Batman 1 is iconic even to the non-collector. Furthermore, the pin-up back cover of Batman 1 is so much better than some ad.
For the purpose of bragging rights, Wouldn’t you rather have the first issue of the Batman comic than the 27th of some other Comic?:shy:

Edited by comicparadox

3 minutes ago, comicparadox said:

Makes the sole 9.2 copy of Detective 27 less desirable IMHO. The front cover of Batman 1 is iconic even to the non-collector. Furthermore, the pin-up back cover of Batman 1 is so much better than some ad.
For the purpose of bragging rights, Wouldn’t you rather have the first issue of the Batman comic than the 27th of some other Comic?:shy:

No !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!doh!

7 minutes ago, comicparadox said:

:screwy:

4 hours ago, woowoo said:
5 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

There's also the MH/Church out there (Dentist?), the SF, and there's also two 9.0s that maybe were upgrade candidates.

When i talked to Dave last early 1980's he just got a Tec 27 same week as i got mine but said it was not the church. He never told me he had a copy of Batman 1 all the times we talked and he was buying stuff at the time and i had 3 copy's at the time to sell. Does he have the church Bat 1.

4 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

Just double checked.  He does own the MH Batman 1.  Listed as NM by Chuck.  Here's a pic:

mile-high.jpg

Did you just double checked this with Dave hinself?  hm

I remember being down at the Diamond Int'l Galleries big grand opening back on Super Day of '95 and if I remember correctly, he told me that he was the buyer of Overstreet's copy of Batman 1.  That copy there was listed as a VF/NM copy and priced and sold for something like $60K at the time.  (thumbsu

With Dave, I guess it's always possible that he might have more than one copy of Bat 1, or more likely, he probably upgraded to the Church copy when it came available.  (shrug)