• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 1 CGC 9.4!!!!
6 6

851 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, I am not Glenda said:

DC WHAT IF? 

Let's assume this book taps out at or around the same as last weeks TEC 27 at 1.5 Mil ( Which may be a stretch imho). WHAT IF you could pick just ONE of them. 

What book do you take? Please don't say Action  #1, Whiz #2 or Dumbo #0  Nothing else is on the table.

I am torn but I go for the Batman # 1 it's just amazing and might be the best damn comic I have ever seen! WOW!

Tec 27. No contest for me. 

2 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

The a ASM 129 original art is a big yawner  compared to this when they go head to head in January. Thank goodness this piece is at heritage too so you don’t have to wait forever for the auction to be over

Speaking of ASM 129 original cover art. Is there a link to that auction ? Or did the piece get pulled ?

37 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

Wow, any idea the cost involved in upgrading this book...we know the $$$ amount of this increase in value....but is  there  real TRUE value or is is hyped up?

CGC has loosened its page quality standards over the years.  It's not unusual for the page quality of an old label book to improve when the book is re-slabbed.  It used to be that many GA books had cr-ow pages.  Nowadays, it seems that most newly graded books are given at least ow pages.

Just now, Chicago Boy said:
25 minutes ago, Peter G said:

Speaking of ASM 129 original cover art. Is there a link to that auction ? Or did the piece get pulled ?

Good question. I haven’t seen it lately either.  Anyone ??

Hasn't yet shown up on ComicConnect. Now that HA has publicized the Batman1, who the F really cares ?

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

Supposing the Batman 1 was to be the best copy in existence, I'd take the Batman 1

Well, in this case, if it only started out as a CGC 9.0 graded copy, who's to say that this is not only a temporary rest area on its journey to its final stop for this gravy train run.  hm

What's to stop it from being squished squashed to line up even more nicely to CGC's undisclosed grading standards and come back out on the other side as either a CGC 9.6 or possibly even as a CGC 9.8 graded copy before the gravy train comes to a full stop.  :devil:

15 hours ago, G.A.tor said:
15 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Actually, wouldn't this be a straight resub for a CGC label and a fast flip to make some real easy big time money for any purchaser of this book then?  hm  :flipbait:

No. When I was offered  this book several years ago, I showed it to someone that “confirmed” it would likely be a Cgc 1.8/2.0 due to spine split. Of course what would happen today , who knows 

Yes, if it was several years ago, it's really hard to say as their undisclosed grading standards can certainly change over time.  (thumbsu

Especially when you have significant changes in their grading teams and also as certain defects moves up the chart on their Hit Parade over time while other defects might move down the chart.  hm  (shrug)

9 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

its the 3rd 9.0 upgraded to 9.4...not these 2

8 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Using my patented system you too can turn your 9.0s into 9.4s

but in all seriousness the 9.4 looks amazing 

8 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

That 9.4 > than those 2 9.0’s.  Every bit a 9.4 

Or is it possible that nothing at all was done to the book and this upgrade was simply a straight resub after an extended period of time combined with slightly different grading standards in place at the time of grading?  hm

Especially since grading is still really more of a subjective opinion at a particular point in time, as opposed to an exact science and a difference of 2 or 3 grade increments is considered to be within their acceptable range of grading variance.  :whistle:

After all, you never know and it made me think of another book which I now remember:

lf?set=path%5B4%2F2%2F5%2F1%2F4251083%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

Is this particular File Copy of Crackajack Funnies 9 here every bit a VF/NM 9.0 quality book or should it really be deserving of something much better (hint, hint.....say something between a 9.6 and a 9.9  :devil:) than a mere CGC 9.0 graded copy?  hm  :whatthe:

Edited by lou_fine

19 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

That's what they keep trying to tell me at my AA meetings but I haven't seen any hard evidence to convince me they are right.

tumblr_psapsnoA1L1toamj8o6_r1_500.gif.225977f3095f51a463cdc5d778d157be.gif

What? Nothing to see here.. move along.. Plus have to give him credit.  He did ditch the evidence at the end. (shrug)

17 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:
22 hours ago, batman_fan said:

That Robin is just so dog gone dreamy :luhv:

given his recently discussed "attributes", he should have been facing the other way ...

Why, dear Sir...........................would you be referring to Robin, the Butt Wonder with your comment here:  :p  :fear:

nightwings-butt-and-ass.thumb.jpg.1405fbd6a58fffead420975a3448c8d2.jpg

I guess Batman's nightly workout sure kept it in fine form.  :blush:  lol

Edited by lou_fine