• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 1 CGC 9.4!!!!
6 6

851 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Mmehdy said:

If the seller will allow you to break open the case, carefully look at the book, THEN ALLOW YOU to submit it to CGC...yea maybe then....AND ONLY THEN...

You know that wont happen. Like i said i been grading for 40 years so i don't need any of them to grade a book i can do myself. I only need them for resale like i needed pgx at the time 2007. I would remove the book at this point if i was to sell since i know pgx would today hurt the value. I would send book to Vincent and have him deal with it less stress and he could send to cgc.

7 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

Married centerfolds, etc etc....not the only one on the planet here who has lost $$$$, CGC is a no brainer on this...worth every penny...yea it costs more...FOR A REASON.

:whatthe: I could also have book redone from 1985 standard's to todays and get a higher grade also.

Edited by woowoo

23 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

You always get what you pay for....if you have read the horror stories....Please use CGC, in fact I would break open the book prior to sale and do a page count....etc

I have had this book 40 years. I always counted pages on book's that go into my collection. I also graded this book as a 4.5-5.0 before i took book to them so yes it has all the pgs. like i said i will unslab before i sell at this point.

24 minutes ago, woowoo said:

You know that wont happen. Like i said i been grading for 40 years so i don't need any of them to grade a book i can do myself. I only need them for resale like i needed pgx at the time 2007. I would remove the book at this point if i was to sell since i know pgx would today hurt the value. I would send book to Vincent and have him deal with it less stress and he could send to cgc.

The key is I do not doubt your 40 years grading experience, nor that it is equivalent to a cgc grader... what I doubt is your ability to predict what is inside of that case..  I just googled “PGX grading reviews “ and looked at  a review on Reddit... make that a “horror  story“ of a young man who bought a PGX graded book and removed it from the case so Stan Lee could sign it..just look at those pictures... detached from cover and not noted...misgraded page quality... how WOOWOO are you going to know.. have you forgotten the golden rule “ a book should not be judged by its cover”...  and for us older board member here ..  you had better be directly related to the “Amazing Kreskin” abilities.. here  I would never buy a PGX book blind and he mentioned that some of the damage might of occurred during grading...

Edited by Mmehdy

3 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

The key is I do not doubt your 40 years grading experience, nor that it is equivalent to a cgc grader... what I doubt is your ability to predict what is inside of that case..  I just googled “PGX grading reviews “ and looked at  a review on Reddit... make that a “horror  story“ of a young man who bought a PGX graded book and removed it from the case so Stan Lee could sign it..just look at those pictures... detached from cover and not noted...misgraded page quality... how WOOWOO are you going to know.. have you forgotten the golden rule “ a book should not be judged by its cover”...  and for us older borates member here ..  you had better be a directly related to the “Amazing Kreskin” abilities.. here 

agree 100% pgx sucks so my only thing i could do is take out of holder when i sell unless things change later.

Edited by woowoo

6 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

The key is I do not doubt your 40 years grading experience, nor that it is equivalent to a cgc grader... what I doubt is your ability to predict what is inside of that case..  I just googled “PGX grading reviews “ and looked at  a review on Reddit... make that a “horror  story“ of a young man who bought a PGX graded book and removed it from the case so Stan Lee could sign it..just look at those pictures... detached from cover and not noted...misgraded page quality... how WOOWOO are you going to know.. have you forgotten the golden rule “ a book should not be judged by its cover”...  and for us older board member here ..  you had better be directly related to the “Amazing Kreskin” abilities.. here  I would never buy a PGX book blind and he mentioned that some of the damage might of occurred during grading...

I heard that PGX and the CEO of said company operates out of his mothers basement?

48 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:
56 minutes ago, woowoo said:

If you wanted to sell your Tec 27 coverless cause you needed money to buy something better FAST.

1 sell raw No grading fees and all money to you.

2 send to pgx under 500 and that digs into your total.

3 send to cgc 2.5 % or whatever total they charge of value.

Someone who wanted money fast and i got it done in 1 day with little fees was the way i went.

I wish they where cgc graded and yes if i could find a way to do this without sending Tec 1 and 27 with Batman 1 in the mail I would but cant afford if they got lost.

the diff is many won't buy a pgx (me included) but I would buy a cgc for way more than a pgx would get...since you don't need cash fast, but at some future point will sell, send to cgc now and get it over with...2.5% of todays' fmv cheaper than 2.5% of tomorrows fmv...pgx will sell 10% less or more, so well worth the 2.5%

I just checked and it looks like the fee for CGC's WalkThrough tier is now 3% with a $5K cap. I assume a complete restored Tec #27 would hit the $5K cap, so the cost to CGC grade now or in the future probably comes down to how much CGC changes the cap over time (I think CGC has probably bumped up the cap once (maybe twice??) since they opened their doors, so presumably more of the same in the future)...

1 hour ago, woowoo said:
1 hour ago, Chicago Boy said:

I’d definitely Reslab the PGX. CBCS or cgc are equal imo in terms of expertise. 

If you wanted to sell your Tec 27 coverless cause you needed money to buy something better FAST.

1 sell raw No grading fees and all money to you.

2 send to pgx under 500 and that digs into your total.

3 send to cgc 2.5 % or whatever total they charge of value.

Someone who wanted money fast and i got it done in 1 day with little fees was the way i went.

I wish they where cgc graded and yes if i could find a way to do this without sending Tec 1 and 27 with Batman 1 in the mail I would but cant afford if they got lost.

Road trip!

I'm pretty sure I have pics of all three CGC 9.0s on my backup drive which  I can't access at the moment. But for reference purposes if anyone was curious, here is the 9.2 graded now nearly a decade ago. I want to say this picture is at least six years old.

BAT9.2.jpg

Bat9.2b.jpg

Edited by astrometric

Just now, astrometric said:

I'm pretty sure I have pics of all three CGC 9.0s on my backup drive which  I can't access at the moment. But for reference purposes if anyone was curious, here is the 9.2 graded now nearly a decade ago. I want to say this picture is at least six years old.

BAT9.2.jpg

Bat9.2b.jpg

Nice and what a great book....despite where it came from...the "white" pages is gonna bring it to 2 million

1 minute ago, astrometric said:

BAT9.2.jpg

Bat9.2b.jpg

Thx. 9.4 still nicer. Really want to see that third 9.0.  So far the 9.4 is the lone champ appearance wise. 

7 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Plus it doesn’t have that Nick at the top border 

I was trying to edit/crop but don't have the proper tools at the moment. Look at near Bat's cape and you can also see a slight hint of chips right side but not similar to the 9.4's top edge.

If you click on this picture, you can click one more time for a slight zoom in-look.

BAT9.2.jpg

Edited by astrometric

5 minutes ago, astrometric said:

I was trying to edit/crop but don't have the proper tools at the moment. Look at near Bat's cape and you can also see a slight hint of chips right side but not similar to the 9.4's top edge.

If you click on this picture, you can click one more time for a slight zoom in-look.

BAT9.2.jpg

See it.  Thx. Until I see the third 9.0 there is nothing close imo 

5 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

See it.  Thx. Until I see the third 9.0 there is nothing close imo 

The third 9.0 is the 9.4.

But, you are ignoring the MH and the SF.  My guess if the MH is in DA's collection, it is close, but likely better.  After all, DA sells MHs to get a better copy.  The guy upgraded his Superman 1 from the MH.  I'm pretty sure he wanted the best Batman 1 to go with his Allentown D27 and original Batmobile.

Edited by sfcityduck

18 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

So, there was an S erased on that 9.2?  That's a lot of color loss.  It looks like an 8.5 tops to me.  

Right that "S" just jumped out at me upon looking a little more closely. Keep in mind, this was graded nearly a decade ago. At that point in time, how many higher grade Bats had come across the table to date?