• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 1 CGC 9.4!!!!
6 6

851 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

I firmly believe the page upgrade on  action 1 upped it a million...

If this is the case and what actually took place, then it's all really on the buyer for not conducting their own due diligence because if they did, they would have found out that more than anything else, the only thing consistent with CGC's PQ designation is their absolute inconsistency.  doh!

5 hours ago, MasterChief said:

Took another deep dive into the digital abyss... came up with this.

The 3rd 9.0 image is presented as discovered. The 9.4 image is resized for the purpose of side-by-side comparison...

0145575001_B-1_9-0_FRONT.jpg.40cf9c643119940d468ee2c6e4491627.jpg3734252001_B-1_9-4_FRONT_A.thumb.jpg.af016b70ad3dba313c620a6a49792ba3.jpg

Hey Mitch;

It would appear that even Batman doesn't have the detective skills which you are able to amass in terms of digging up the original scan for this book.  :applause:

The only question which I have is that for the life of me, I simply can't figure out which one of these scans here would be more truly reflective of the book's real colors?  :devil:

5 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Hey Mitch;

It would appear that even Batman doesn't have the detective skills which you are able to amass in terms of digging up the original scan for this book.  :applause:

The only question which I have is that for the life of me, I simply can't figure out which one of these scans here would be more truly reflective of the book's real colors?  :devil:

@lou_fine your Detective work is like Robins Mitch did not dig this up it was @MasterChief on page 12 :makepoint:

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

I've also heard of GA books going from CGC 6.5 up to CGC 9.0 after steam rolling out a subscription crease.  (thumbsu

I've didn't know that was possible.  But, I have submitted a subscription variant of WDC&S which garnered a 9.4 (white) because it did not have a crease.

Compare the label to a slab in hand.

7 hours ago, MasterChief said:

Took another deep dive into the digital abyss... came up with this.

The 3rd 9.0 image is presented as discovered. The 9.4 image is resized for the purpose of side-by-side comparison...

0145575001_B-1_9-0_FRONT.jpg.40cf9c643119940d468ee2c6e4491627.jpg3734252001_B-1_9-4_FRONT_A.thumb.jpg.af016b70ad3dba313c620a6a49792ba3.jpg

Hey Mitch;

The HA scan is slightly juiced up (no surprise there) but I'm sure the colors are vibrant nonetheless.

Aloha Mitch :hi: and thank you for the scan comparison.

Whether in 9.0 slab or 9.4 slab, beautiful book.

Edited by Gotham Kid

44 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

Compare the label to a slab in hand.

How can I when the CGC logo on the label for the slabbed copy on the right is just so blinding that I can't even read if it's been graded by CGC or by dare we say, PGX.  lol

7 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Hey Mitch;

Mitch is the man.  (worship)

9 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Umm...................not referring to Mitch Mehdy in this post here, but @MasterChief himself as his real name is indeed Mitch.  :gossip:  (thumbsu

:sorry:Sorry buddy I blame alcohol.  On my Defense  Mitch Mehdy was all over this post yesterday :facepalm: Happy Holidays to you and family 

Edited by woowoo

12 hours ago, lou_fine said:

If this is the case and what actually took place, then it's all really on the buyer for not conducting their own due diligence because if they did, they would have found out that more than anything else, the only thing consistent with CGC's PQ designation is their absolute inconsistency.  doh!

Lou: the video made for e-bay on the sale of Action 1 9.0 white pages..clearly shows super white pages...to me it is impossible for CGC to have not graded those pages otherwise..something had to have been done........in between grades...

12 hours ago, lou_fine said:

At the time...I was unaware that somebody could juice up the Pages of a comic book to make them white.....I still am in a way...does anybody know the secret behind this....?

10 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

The HA scan is slightly juiced up (no surprise there) but I'm sure the colors are vibrant nonetheless.

Aloha Mitch :hi: and thank you for the scan comparison.

Whether in 9.0 slab or 9.4 slab, beautiful book.

Based on my copy and many copies I have seen, I will go with the scan on the left as being representative.

11 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

I've didn't know that was possible.  But, I have submitted a subscription variant of WDC&S which garnered a 9.4 (white) because it did not have a crease.

I had seen earlier on the board some of this , but I had no idea so many of the Mega Keys are juiced up, pumped up and then hyped by the auction houses...yes every sale by the auction house increases GA prices and fees for the house...however in fairness to the buying public, especially GA/SA comic book collectors who do not know about this great board or do not take the time to really read and enjoy it. I had a idea that I would like some feedback with the board. The complete grading history be disclosed by the sellers, auctions houses, and dealers....in fairness and transparency to all. This would be done by Keeping the serial number of the graded GA book the SAME and being able to look on line for its entire CGC grading history. This would make sure that the buyers were aware of where the book had been and putting some sort of realistic valuation on your bidding process. Thoughts?...can it be done? Happy "Thanksgiving" to all..

Edited by Mmehdy

12 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

Lou: the video made for e-bay on the sale of Action 1 9.0 white pages..clearly shows super white pages...to me it is impossible for CGC to have not graded those pages otherwise..something had to have been done........in between grades...

CGC Certification Verification (cgccomics.com) WHITE as new

37 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

If I was the winner of the 9.4 Bats 1, I'd be unhappy that it is not the true representation of the actual colors of the book. The way HA juices up the front cover scan makes it look like a reglossed reprint.

A much more apt description just for you!!!  :devil:

50 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

If I was the winner of the 9.4 Bats 1, I'd be unhappy that it is not the true representation of the actual colors of the book. The way HA juices up the front cover scan makes it look like a reprint.

Although the colors have probably been juiced to some extent, the 9.4 is also in the newer slab.  The newer slab presents a book's actual colors more accurately and favorably than the older slab.

10 minutes ago, RareHighGrade said:

Although the colors have probably been juiced to some extent, the 9.4 is also in the newer slab.  The newer slab presents a book's actual colors more accurately and favorably than the older slab.

I guess that's probably why I always thought books presented so much nicer in a clear mylar holder as opposed to those bulky industrial-like looking CGC holders.  (thumbsu

Though I will say that even the old CGC holders looked much better than those old real bulky fugly Fortress holders which were around in the old days. :p

Edited by lou_fine