• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 1 CGC 9.4!!!!
6 6

851 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, woowoo said:

But :ohnoez:bought off the newsstand fresh:screwy:    Should have left it alone yup.

Golden Age books in particular are given leeway with regard to light pencil markings on the cover and/or interior. In my experience, it's always better to leave such marks alone, regardless of where they came from...  

7 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

Golden Age books in particular are given leeway with regard to light pencil markings on the cover and/or interior. In my experience, it's always better to leave such marks alone, regardless of where they came from...  

This is newsstand fresh when you see the movie

Newsstand-3..jpg

newsstand-3.jpg

This book will not pass the Detective 27 last sale.............................................................................................. it was a 9.0 so the other 2 9.0's will be getting an upgrade. How many times did John Verzyl resub his All American 16 and Cap 1 to get a higher grade Think the All American was 3 or 4 times to get the 9.4. I don't know how many times it took for his Cap 1 to get 9.8 but it was not the first shot to get that grade. All the key books are getting resub for higher grades and i bet it's just starting.

Edited by woowoo

1 hour ago, woowoo said:

This book will not pass the Detective 27 last sale.............................................................................................. it was a 9.0 so the other 2 9.0's will be getting an upgrade. How many times did John Verzyl resub his All American 16 and Cap 1 to get a higher grade Think the All American was 3 or 4 times to get the 9.4. I don't know how many times it took for his Cap 1 to get 9.8 but it was not the first shot to get that grade. All the key books are getting resub for higher grades and i bet it's just starting.

I agree, resubmit is the game...

1 hour ago, woowoo said:

I hope you are right, I really do. Personally I would rather have the Detective 27 7.0 over the 9.4 Bat. I see youre point which I believe is that high roller bidders will not only know this one used to be a 9.0 but also know that it is possible that with all the re-subs these days that it might not always be the single highest graded.

I might be wrong but I believe the next highest graded, a 9.2 was also a 9.0 at one time. (If I'm wrong I apologize). I doubt the 9.2 will ever get resubbed, if they gave that book another bump upwards that would really look bad for the business. And the only 9.0 seems to be fine with being just a 9.0. But anything can happen so who knows. I do hope youre correct that it doesn't pass the 7.0 27, however I think the "curent" "single highest graded" aspect of the #1 will drive it to at least around the 2 million mark.

Edited by Professor Chaos

4 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

I hope you are right, I really do. Personally I would rather have the Detective 27 7.0 over the 9.4 Bat. I see youre point which I believe is that high roller bidders will not only know this one used to be a 9.0 (If I'm wrong about that I apoligize, but I know it was a lesser grade originally) but also know that it is possible that with all the re-subs these days that it might not always be the single highest graded.

I might be wrong but I believe the two highest graded, a 9.4 and a 9.2 were both 9.0's at one time. (If I'm wrong I apologize). I doubt the 9.4 will ever get resubbed and probably not the 9.2 either. If they gave that book another bump upwards that would really look bad for the business. But anything can happen so who knows, I sure don't. I do hope youre correct that it doesn't pass the 7.0 27, however I think the "curent" "single highest graded" aspect of the #1 will drive it to at least around the 2 million mark.

If they don't know than yes it might go over the Tec 27 but you would think they do. Throwing money out to get the current best is what some people can do.

2 minutes ago, woowoo said:

If they don't know than yes it might go over the Tec 27 but you would think they do. Throwing money out to get the current best is what some people can do.

I edited my statement a little since youre quote but the point is the same. Yes you would think that anyone bidding would know the history of this book and others close to it as well. We have seen what the "highest graded copy" aspect does to people. Makes them crazy. The lure of the right to say "I have the best copy in the world" seems to be a powerful thing nowadays.

To me the 27 is so much more historically significant plus much rarer than the Bat 1 and any 27 from around 6.0 and higher should have more "value" than this 9.4 Bat 1. I think you feel the same as well.