• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 1 CGC 9.4!!!!
6 6

851 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, sfcityduck said:

I've never thought of Roy aka Vintage Comics as cranky or insulting. 

Roy is never cranky or insulting. He is very opinionated and will sometimes discuss his position to extremes. That's why I called him argumentative. The reference was vague and I apologize for that.

7 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Roy is never cranky or insulting. He is very opinionated and will sometimes discuss his position to extremes. That's why I called him argumentative.

Gotcha.  People describe me the same way.  It's a flaw, but not a big one.  

I've never known him to be anything but cranky, opinionated and insulting. And those are his good traits. You should see what happens when they screw up his order at Arby's. WOW. That's all I can say about that since I was a witness and under court orders not to discuss,  but let me just say it was frightening watching what he did with those horseradish packets. FRIGHTENING!

IMG_5801.JPG

4 hours ago, woowoo said:

This 3 million book has been dead for a week hm I think the Tec 27 got more Action all the way thru :taptaptap:

Now, now..........let's not freak out the poor guy who's got their tracking bid punched in at $900K, as he's probably already sweating bullets and peeing his pants for the past week or so.  lol

Edited by lou_fine

12 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Now, now..........let's not freak out the poor guy who's got their tracking bid punched in at $900K, as he's probably already sweating bullets and his pants for the past week or so.  lol

OIP (3).jpg

29 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:
54 minutes ago, Aman619 said:

Especially shocking with over 20 9.6s on the census.

Yes 27 of them. 9.6's don't come around often even with that amount out there. I wonder what one of the two 9.8's would sell for. 

Well, probably because some bidders see some potential with this particular copy here:

image.jpeg.4150fa9dffc131b2701f2506489cfb0a.jpeg

and hope to be able to answer your above question for you.  :devil:  

21 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, probably because some bidders see some potential with this particular copy here:

image.jpeg.4150fa9dffc131b2701f2506489cfb0a.jpeg

That had not occurred to me. You think its possible the next owner may have plans to re-sub it? As far as the horrible scene depicted in the comic I fear I am missing the point. Oh pressing! How clever! 

37 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

I was looking at it with a friend and thinking the same thing, except this copy was just graded, so have to assume it's maximum potential has already been attempted - but maybe they just didn't do the correct number of submissions yet. Whatever the case, it would certainly get one of those exceptional stickers placed on it if it were at another auction house.