• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 1 CGC 9.4!!!!
6 6

851 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

The DD1 9.6 on the other hand has received plenty action. It is probably the nicest 9.6 I have seen, so no wonder bidding is already at a shocking 54K.

23290817%5D&call=url%5Bfile:product.chai

It is hands down the best centered copy I have ever seen.  Virtually every copy is miscut

2 hours ago, tth2 said:

I stopped understanding the Marvel SA market a long time ago.

Compared to say, sealed video games/Pokemon/Bitcoin/modern sports cards, does $60k for a virtually flawless ~60 year old DD 1 really surprise you? 

I mean, this is a world where a Giannis Antetokounmpo card printed like 9 days ago sells for two million dollars. 

Edited by october

10 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

The DD1 9.6 on the other hand has received plenty action. It is probably the nicest 9.6 I have seen, so no wonder bidding is already at a shocking 54K.

I had a feeling this 9.6 was going to sell big, with the recent uptick in prices across the board for DD 1’s. So I was excited to follow this one. Previous to this copy, 9.6’s always sold in the $35K range give or take a few grand. Well, I believe they actually sold more in this range waaayyy back in the day before the two 9.8’s were graded when a 9.6 was the head honcho. Funny, how becoming 2nd place lowers the price considerably. I could be wrong and would need to check, but that’s what I recall. Regardless, DD 1 has been ON THE RISE! So figured this was going to do something special.

Edited by LDarkseid1

This beauty by kellyssuperheroes went for a measly $8700.00 but it's only a 9.2.

doh!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Daredevil-1-NM-9-2-OW-pages-1964-Marvel-1st-Daredevil-origin/313151265237?hash=item48e94519d5:g:pHcAAOSwOr9fMhCS

notes say " slight color touch, slightly trimmed non chemically cleaned and pressed " ?

Edited by DR.X
wrong information

14 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Not sure, but is something going on with that top left green portion of the spine where the logo is or is that just where the Blob sat his big butt down on a few times too many?  (shrug)  lol

12 hours ago, Aman619 said:

Especially shocking with over 20 9.6s on the census.

Not really when you compare it to much more plentiful and more recent books like TMNT 1 with pretty much the same number of copies in CGC 9.8 graded condition, and yet they are able to fetch even higher dollars than this.  (shrug)

Especially when DD 1 is much tougher to find in grade, as compared to TMNT 1 where a sizeable portion of the entire print run is already in these HG condition levels.  hm

18 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Isn't this a Batman 1 CGC 9.4 thread!?! :pullhair: :pullhair: :pullhair:  

Yes, but it's just that we are starting to get bored to death here as there's been absolutely no action on this Bat 1 here for the past couple of weeks now.  zzz

That, plus the fact we want to help distract the attention of the poor guy who's peeing in his pants right now as their tracking bid of $900K is still holding up as the eventual winner. lol

1 minute ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, but it's just that we are starting to get bored to death here as there's been absolutely no action on this Bat 1 here for the past couple of weeks now.  zzz

Right, any action is better than no action.

8 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:
11 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

this copy was just graded, so have to assume it's maximum potential has already been attempted

this

Hate to be the bearer of bad news here...........................but this is no longer the old days where it's one and done when it comes to grading and/or pressing.  :gossip:

Apparently they've now refined the submission system to have multiple levels of pressing built in there just so they can squeeze (pun fully intended lol) as much money out of your pockets as possible.  :devil:

11 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

but maybe they just didn't do the correct number of submissions yet. Whatever the case, it would certainly get one of those exceptional stickers placed on it if it were at another auction house.

Yes, maybe they need to see tell tale evidence of multiple pressings such as popped staples or the like from being fully squashed to ensure that you've paid your dues in full before giving you the 9.8 that you are looking for.  :wink:

And yes, definitely leaving money on the table if you don't have one of those CVA Exceptional or QES stickers since the CGC label collectors will surely open their wallets to the max when they see one of those stickers on a slab.  :takeit:  :insane:

28 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:
1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:

Isn't this a Batman 1 CGC 9.4 thread!?! :pullhair: :pullhair: :pullhair:  

Brian, place a bid on the Bats1 and we'll resume talks :baiting:

Well, I've been trying my best to, but it seems that the Heritage bidding system says that I am not allowed to place new bids in there that's lower than the current bid.  :frustrated:

Go figure that!!!  lol

On 11/23/2020 at 4:28 PM, Gotham Kid said:

Could this be the best copy in existence ?

I wonder what the provenance of this copy is. Another local collector told me that there was pristine copy of Batman 1 that surfaced in the Detroit area in the late 70s or early 80s. I've always wondered where that copy ended up.

To be honest, I think that the best copies of Batman 1 were locked into private second-owner collections forty or fifty years ago, so I think that there are still some stunning examples out there.

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

That, plus the fact we want to help distract the attention of the poor guy who's peeing in his pants right now as their tracking bid of $900K is still holding up as the eventual winner. lol

Let the poor guy continue to urinate in his pants!!!! :pullhair: :pullhair::pullhair:

40 minutes ago, jimbo_7071 said:

I wonder what the provenance of this copy is. Another local collector told me that there was pristine copy of Batman 1 that surfaced in the Detroit area in the late 70s or early 80s. I've always wondered where that copy ended up.

To be honest, I think that the best copies of Batman 1 were locked into private second-owner collections forty or fifty years ago, so I think that there are still some stunning examples out there.

Ya Dave has got the best copy and yes put away 40 years ago

On 12/27/2020 at 12:52 AM, lou_fine said:

Ah yes....................you must be referring to this post by @Timely here (hit the arrow at the top right of the link below) from the Cap 1 9.4 thread:

Sounds like a lot of whining and lobbying by John that paid off in the end if this story is correct.  (thumbsu

Well, he was a bit of a talker, wasn't he?