• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 1 CGC 9.4!!!!
6 6

851 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Not sure, but is something going on with that top left green portion of the spine where the logo is or is that just where the Blob sat his big butt down on a few times too many?  (shrug)  lol

Do you mean that tiny bit of color loss at the top of the spine? Perfectly allowable on a 9.6...

38 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Are you squinting your eyes when you look at it?  You really have to squint your eyes.

Ya my eyes are CGC.5 but if i can see something and this is no better than 7.5 and its brown pages sticking out :whatthe:

lf?set=path%5B2%2F3%2F3%2F1%2F5%2F23315189%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

Edited by woowoo

5 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Can someone bid on the Bat 1? It’s getting soo boring following it and not seeing it go up at all 😁

The last time i bid on a book just to see Action and tracking  I bid 10k on a book i don't collect and won :makepoint: Wont do that mistake again :facepalm:

22 hours ago, october said:
On 1/3/2021 at 10:05 PM, tth2 said:

I stopped understanding the Marvel SA market a long time ago.

Compared to say, sealed video games/Pokemon/Bitcoin/modern sports cards, does $60k for a virtually flawless ~60 year old DD 1 really surprise you? 

I mean, this is a world where a Giannis Antetokounmpo card printed like 9 days ago sells for two million dollars. 

lol Good point!

Obviously the tidal wave of liquidity is lifting all asset prices, but even before the current liquidity/asset bubble, Marvel SAs had this amazing levitational ability to rise in price even as supply expanded exponentially. 

I don't know about Pokemon or sealed video games, but I assume that if a Giannis card is selling for $2m, it's one of those Mike Trout-type artificially scarce cards?  At least there's a principle of scarcity there, even if it's a loony artificial scarcity.  

15 hours ago, woowoo said:

How is this a CGC 8.5 Top left bottom left dark pages sticking out on the right 

Captain America Comics #1 (Timely, 1941) CGC VF+ 8.5 Off-white | Lot #91029 | Heritage Auctions (ha.com)

lf?set=path%5B2%2F3%2F3%2F1%2F5%2F23315189%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

With all due respect, I see nothing in this picture to make me question the grade. And Off-White pages are certainly understandable on an 80 year old book and wouldn't affect the grade whatsoever. I hope this helps...  

7 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

With all due respect, I see nothing in this picture to make me question the grade. And Off-White pages are certainly understandable on an 80 year old book and wouldn't affect the grade whatsoever. I hope this helps...  

the only thing I see that looks a bit questionable to me is that top edge and outer right corner. It just looks a bit to sharp and square compared to the bottom, but just my opinion.

edit, okay after blowing up the scans its more visible there is some wear, my mistake.

Edited by DR.X