• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 1 CGC 9.4!!!!
6 6

851 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Jeese, original art prices are nuts. I mean I get, these are the original covers, but crazy still.

Yes, I still remember being dwon at my first SD Con way back in the very early 90's and while the rest of us newbies were running around checking out all of the comic books, the old timers like Geppi, Hamilton, and his gang were all flipping through the OA picking them up for what would now be pennies on the dollar.  doh!

I never understand why during these Heritage Live auctions, the amounts called out don't include the large additional buyer's premium. Like if something is at $45K pre BP, and the next bid is $50K pre BP, that means buyer needs to spend $60K with the BP. How is that additional $10K not verbally acknowledged??!! haha

Edited by LDarkseid1

1 minute ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, I still remember being dwon at my first SD Con way back in the very early 90's and while the rest of us newbies were running around checking out all of the comic books, the old timers like Geppi, Hamilton, and his gang were all flipping through the OA picking them up for what would now be pennies on the dollar.  doh!

Wow, pennies on the dollar, insanity!!