• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 1 CGC 9.4!!!!
6 6

851 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Where’d the cap 1 hammer ? 

$384K. That seems about expected, solid price. Well, maybe a tad unimpressive. I'm not as sure with that one. I think most people weren't feeling the grade as much on how that presented as an 8.5. Will be interesting to see how the nice presenting C-Link 8.0 does.

Edited by LDarkseid1

20 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:
13 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

The top 3 are:

Action 1 9.0 (2014)= $3,207,852

Action 1 9.0 (2011)= $2,161,000

Action 1 8.5 (2018)= $2,052,000

Metro just lost #2 and #3 spots

Unless they were the winner of this Bat 1 here and already have a couple of deep pocketed buyers (through their extensive connections) that they know would be willing to go even higher on this copy here.  hm  (shrug)

This definitely wouldn't be the first time that this has happened when it comes to Metro. hm

Edited by lou_fine

9 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

$384K. That seems about expected, solid price. Well, maybe a tad unimpressive. I'm not as sure with that one. I think most people weren't feeling the grade as much on how that presented as an 8.5. Will be interesting to see how the nice presenting C-Link 8.0 does.

The C-Link copy had to affect the pool of bidder/buyers for this copy

1 minute ago, Funnybooks said:

The C-Link copy had to affect the pool of bidder/buyers for this copy

I wouldn't doubt it and will look forward to seeing what it sells for. I'd say if the 8.0 gets to maybe around $330K-$350K, then feels like to me you're right and this 8.5 was affected.

29 minutes ago, KCOComics said:

That was exciting. 

Now we need a high grade Action 1 to come to market!

A high grade Action 1 would be nice, and I guess with what's available 7.5 or above would qualify for that designation? Anyway, Action 1 aside, I would personally LOVE to see the Cap 1 9.8 go instead. I think it was explained that was an upgrade right, was previously a 9.6? Regardless, the Batman 1 was an upgrade and didn't seem to affect it's hammer. So instead of a high grade Action 1, I'd love to see the single highest Cap 1. Don't know if it would break 2 mil or this Bat 1 for that matter, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Edited by LDarkseid1