• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 1 CGC 9.4!!!!
6 6

851 posts in this topic

After the final bid but before the hammer slammed the auctioneer said something like "A huge part of collecting is bragging rights". I guess it probably didn't make a difference but I was thinking couldn't he think of something better to say to motivate one more bidder to bid. I really thought there would be one more bid at the end. Anyone know what price one more full bid would have made it end at?

Edited by Professor Chaos
spelling and afterthoughts

3 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

After the final bid but before the hammer slammed the auctioneer said something like "A huge part of collecting is bragging rights". I guess it probably didn't make a difference but I was thinking couldn't he think of something better to say to motivate one more bidder to bid.

Agree with the above. When the auctioneer said that I thought to myself : "This hobby sure attracts some real Losers"

13 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, we can always speculate where this CGC 8.0 graded copy of Batman 1 will now finish up at in the upcoming CC Event Auction, after taking the $2.22M HA Bat 1 sale into account:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/900235

bat1.19587_2.jpg

Now...is this an 8.0 formally graded at some far lesser number OR is it really a legit graded 8.0?  

2 hours ago, woowoo said:
13 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, we can always speculate where this CGC 8.0 graded copy of Batman 1 will now finish up at in the upcoming CC Event Auction, after taking the $2.22M HA Bat 1 sale into account:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/900235

bat1.19587_2.jpg

Expand  

I see press and upgrade 

You do realize that I am referring to the CC CGC 8.0 graded copy and not to the HA CGC 9.0 9.4 optimized copy since that one there is already a done deal at a record $2.22M price point.  :devil:

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

You do realize that I am referring to the CC CGC 8.0 graded copy and not to the HA CGC 9.0 9.4 optimized copy since that one there is already a done deal at a record $2.22M price point.  :devil:

I don't know what copy is what any more 8.0 to 8.5 to 9.0 than 9.4 :ohnoez:

12 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

After the final bid but before the hammer slammed the auctioneer said something like "A huge part of collecting is bragging rights". I guess it probably didn't make a difference but I was thinking couldn't he think of something better to say to motivate one more bidder to bid. I really thought there would be one more bid at the end. Anyone know what price one more full bid would have made it end at?

It finished at $1.85 mil pre BP ($2,220,000 with BP) so one more bid would have put it at $1.9 mil pre BP, and the premium is 20%. So one more bid would have pushed it to $2,280,000 or another $60K.

Edited by LDarkseid1

2 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

It finished at $1.85 mil pre BP ($2,220,000 with BP) so one more bid would have put it at $1.9 mil pre BP, and the premium is 20%. So one more bid would have pushed it to $2,280,000 or another $60K.

Thanks , I wasn't sure if it was at 50,000 or 100,000 dollars incriments at that point. 

2 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

Thanks , I wasn't sure if it was at 50,000 or 100,000 dollars incriments at that point. 

Yeah I wonder at what point does it jump from $50K to $100K increments 🤔. After a book reaches $5 mil maybe, which hasn’t been done so far 🤷‍♂️.