• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 1 CGC 9.4!!!!
6 6

851 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Not sure why they would run with only one when they could cover all bases by going with all three of them.  hm

My story would be found stored in a cedar chest inside the wall of an attic room.  That way, it'll be sure to get more money as it's going to surely pull at the heart strings of a much wider sentimental audience.  :flipbait:  lol

Maybe add owned by a widower who is only selling to save her home which is in forclosure.

3 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Maybe add owned by a widower who is only selling to save her home which is in forclosure.

Or I traded a set of rims for it, or my brother that worked at comic shop got it on a trade.

9 hours ago, DR.X said:

Or I traded a set of rims for it, or my brother that worked at comic shop got it on a trade.

9 hours ago, batman_fan said:

10 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Not sure why they would run with only one when they could cover all bases by going with all three of them.  hm

My story would be found stored in a cedar chest inside the wall of an attic room.  That way, it'll be sure to get more money as it's going to surely pull at the heart strings of a much wider sentimental audience.  :flipbait:  lol

Immediately bagged and boarded , never read. Pristine page 💎:baiting:

On 1/16/2021 at 8:18 PM, spidermanbeyond said:

From reading this article, it would seem that he's probably got a lot of books heading Heritage's way with a total of 40,000 books in his collection:  :whatthe:

When I did a quick internet search and discovered Heritage Auctions as their website seemed most interesting to me.  I have a 40k comic book collection and Heritage is going to help me with that problem.  Heritage Auctions has helped me every step of the way and I am truly thankful.  It was Heritage’s idea to get my father’s books CGC graded to include Batman #1 and I fully obliged.   

If you ask me, I certainly don't feel sorry for him at all, as this is the exact kind of problem that I wouldn't mind having.  :takeit:

Besides the Bat 1 which sold for $2.22M, it looks like his collection is certainly nothing to sneeze at:  :cloud9:

I’ve a Spiderman 1-200 collection that I cherish.  I used to have two copies of Amazing Fantasy #15 but gave one to my father years ago to help him with his business.   My father was more into the business.  A couple more memorable sales that come to mind from my father’s collection was Avengers #57 CGC 9.8 (1st Appearance of Silver Age Vision) sold for $26,400, Captain America Comics #1 CGC 7.0 (1st Appearance of Captain America and Bucky) sold for $186k and Superman #1 (Premiere issue of solo Superman title) sold for $144k.  I can’t read all the books I got!

3 hours ago, tth2 said:

That belonged to an eccentric guy who went to war and never came back.

Were there more?  Maybe someone got to them first?  Maybe some were stolen right out from underneath you?  

On 1/14/2021 at 9:34 AM, thedude said:

So, does this sale move Batman #1 back to #4 spot in Overstreet ahead of All American 16! Lol

Joker vs Green Lantern....you can't go wrong with either.  We know the AA-16 Church copy is the single best in existence.  Whereas this Batman 1 has been moved up in grade, and there also might be other copies out there somewhere.  I'd say the for-sure single best copy of either could get $3M, $4M...

14 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

I think Bat 1 should be ahead of AA #16 because I feel Joker is a more important character than GL, my opinion of course.

I think AA 16 ranking had a lot to with rarely. Certainly a lot rarer than Bats 1 but not as rare as it once was if you look at the census ‘