• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The “Dagnammit CGC!!!!” Thread
3 3

40 posts in this topic

On 11/23/2020 at 4:43 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Help clean up Comics General, and make it easier for  CGC members to locate & assuage your concerns. (thumbsu

Another successful post. lol

On 11/23/2020 at 1:43 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Help clean up Comics General, and make it easier for  CGC members to locate & assuage your concerns. (thumbsu

(worship)
FINALLY!!

gettin tired of all the Karen posts!! :pullhair:

Eh...I guess I'll start.  They charged me an extra $5 after I already had the book back. Not the end of the world and not worth my time to try and recoup it. (previously e-mailed CS about a separate issue and never heard back) This was my first time using CGC and everything else was great. I'm positive they would've refunded it, I just didn't feel like going through the CS dance. However, I passed on the last few Sig events because of this and the QC issues popping up. I would've considered it if they accepted Visa Gift cards. I have a box I was going submit but for now I'll just go with Mylites and Top loaders. Still a fan of CGC don't get me wrong. Just thought I'd try and give this thread a little jump start. 

This is a $4.99 Newsstand edition of mine

The correct title of the book is Thor: Ages of Thunder

It's now mislabeled, the cert number and registry had even added the title in plural to the registry as it's own stand alone book, I got that fixed, and they told me to talk to customer service to get the label fixed but it's been a minute and seems minor to me but eventually 

3850034_Full_Obv.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/2/2020 at 5:54 PM, CyberSnake said:

Eh...I guess I'll start.  They charged me an extra $5 after I already had the book back. Not the end of the world and not worth my time to try and recoup it. (previously e-mailed CS about a separate issue and never heard back) This was my first time using CGC and everything else was great. I'm positive they would've refunded it, I just didn't feel like going through the CS dance. However, I passed on the last few Sig events because of this and the QC issues popping up. I would've considered it if they accepted Visa Gift cards. I have a box I was going submit but for now I'll just go with Mylites and Top loaders. Still a fan of CGC don't get me wrong. Just thought I'd try and give this thread a little jump start. 

I don't know if this applies to your situation but I received a mystery 5 or 10 dollar charge (can't even remember) on my last submission which was just a reholder. It turns out it was from an old submission several months prior. The UPS shipping cost for the old sub was increased by a nominal amount that wasn't charged on that invoice at the time it was shipped. So to avoid just randomly charging me the extra amount they waited until my next submission. I found this out only by having CS transfer me to accounting because CS doesn't answer accounting questions. I tried emailing but I knew whenever I email the accounting department the responses are spotty. Probably understaffed? Anyone else getting a weird extra charge on their invoice it may have something to do with added shipping cost.

So there's my little CGC CS rant. Most of the time the CS people are very courteous and helpful. 

On 12/2/2020 at 3:52 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

This is a $3.99 Newsstand edition of mine

The correct title of the book is Thor: Ages of Thunder

It's now mislabeled, the cert number and registry had even added the title in plural to the registry as it's own stand alone book, I got that fixed, and they told me to talk to customer service to get the label fixed but it's been a minute and seems minor to me but eventually 

3850034_Full_Obv.jpg

Valuable variant slab!!  :makepoint:

Ps once again we have a dude whose upper arms are so large he could barely move them and be useless in a fight.