• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Share Your Convention Sketches!
1 1

37 posts in this topic

Here are a couple of mine. The first is Lei-Lei (or Hsien-Ko) by Joe Vriens that I commissioned at A-Kon (an anime convention) a few years ago. Joe has worked with UDON Comics on the various Capcom properties, such as Darkstalkers (where Lei-Lei is from).

The second is The Little Mermaid meets Godzilla (Hanna-Barbera version) by Philo Barnhart. Philo's parents were both animators who worked for Disney and other studios, and Philo followed suit. He's an animator who worked on lots of great productions, including Secret of Nimh, Dragon's Lair (the video game), Beauty and the Beast, An American Tail, Star Trek: The Motion Picture, The Little Mermaid, and Godzilla (the 1978 TV cartoon), and others. Fun fact: He created Ariel's shell bra's final design. I got this one commissioned at G-Fest XXVI (a Godzilla convention) last year.

leilei.jpg

ariel.jpg

6 hours ago, BuraddoRun said:

Nice! I love June Brigman's work. Are those your kids? I know she often does that. She was hired to do Power Pack in the first place because she knew how to draw kids.

Yes, the two youngest. She was working from photographs and turned this around in about an hour. Her likeness of the older son is dead-on.