• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Share Your Convention Sketches!
1 1

37 posts in this topic

I have a sketchbook for Sheldon Mayer's characters, e.g., Scribbly, Sugar and Spike, Three Mouseketeers, Black Orchid, etc.

I think most of the sketches are excellent, but this one is simply amazing. You can see all of them here.

04 - Aikins, Dave - Sheldon Mayer and his Creations.jpg04b - Sheldon Mayer Photo Reference.jpg

Sheldon and his kids                    Reference photo

Edited by alxjhnsn

Nice! I'd like to have a Hughes one day. Kitson drew my favorite version of Triplicate Girl, so since he was at the con, I asked him to do her. I actually only paid for one figure, but he was generous and drew three, plus a Legion logo for the background.

Just now, RBerman said:

Nice! I'd like to have a Hughes one day. Kitson drew my favorite version of Triplicate Girl, so since he was at the con, I asked him to do her. I actually only paid for one figure, but he was generous and drew three, plus a Legion logo for the background.

I have MASSIVE respect for Hughes.  He could have charged triple what he was and there wouldn't have been one less person in the line.  I generally (not always) let the artist pick the subject if they want; so that's why I have two Triplicate Girls.

I purchased this 30"x19-ish" heavy cardstock jam from Anthony Snyder- I guess "Henry" didn't want it anymore :tonofbricks:.

I figured out most of the signatures- All but 8 of them. The waving bear looks familiar, and the HTD sketch sig :pullhair: me. It appears the first name ends with an 'x' (shrug)

Click to enlarge, and I have the list of names in the spoiler window.

Spoiler

Q7kNNYs.jpg717952293_ConventionLAJamPieceList.jpg.e14af131af8c34b0a7e65dc804aa07a6.jpg

BttzpQe.jpg

Edited by MR SigS