• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Post in GA section in nearly four years...what did I miss?

15 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, JiveTurkeyMoFo said:
7 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

Fox books and Baker covers have skyrocketed. 

Yeah, certainly noticed that.  In fact, it seems GA in general has just gone crazy.  Then again, so have most of the ages when it comes to quality books.

Let's not forget about classic cover like Mask 1 and Mask 2 by L.B. Cole.  :flipbait:

The major difference with GA as opposed to the other ages is that prices have gone crazy for the in demand books in all grades across the entire condition spectrum right down to the entry level copies.  :applause:

What up JTMF!! Still remember that name (classic!!) glad you came back bro!! I have to second what @RareHighGrade and @lou_fine stated exactly absolutely nailed it. Classic covers are INSANE right now many books feel like they have even went into multiples of what they used to sell for like All-American 61. Schommy covers as you stated are Timeless and will never go out of style. A lot of folks without the means to afford these high grade books and younger generations are jumping into the GA waters which is a good thing but I do feel not enough quite yet to sustain these prices down the road but I like to remain optimistic as my kids and all their friends are into superheroes so who knows. Lets all pray they never stop printing!! Still not many super young folks have made it to this section of the boards though. I'm a vintaged 37 so consider myself pretty darn young and feel like I am on the younger side of folks that post over here so I have always appreciated the wisdom in this section over the other sections of the boards it is also much more civil here haha!!. A lot of folks have migrated over to the faster paced apps like Instagram and while I am a newer user over there it lacks the serious substance that you get over here. A lot of GREAT boardies still remain from after the Great reset haha!! I won't list names because there are too many but I have no doubt you will remember many of them. We have lost a couple great posters over the last few years at least from my personal recollection for example I don't see Jon Berk really post anymore after his historic auction but his mark is forever etched in stone. Stick around I was one of those that had a hard time adjusting and made multiple gripe posts about it as well but I have gotten completely used to it now and can in fact hardly even remember what the big difference was that I was so upset about. Oh yeah....now I remember... it was that I couldn't use the full view site from my phone so it was a TON of scrolling which hurt my eyes and my fingers but they added a pinch zoom view so they  completely fixed that issue for me personally. Good to hear from ya hope all has been well, you were here in the beginning long before myself so I wont skip on my opportunity to can give you a WTTBs :)

4 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Trust me George, hanging in there is the best any of us can do.  It’s been a very tough year, and I’m probably the last person on this board who has reason to say this, but I’m holding firmly onto a glimmer of optimism for the future.  Maybe it’ll be combined with a couple of shots in the arm followed by a couple of shots of tequila, but something’s got to give us hope.

Speaking of Jon Berk’s collection, I’m joining this parade!

dd07a1ae-8868-4d5d-acec-efa943736170_zpsf9pymtyj.jpg.a384c7a031d2e1a2aa0f97d85d8cf17f.jpg

:tink:

Beautiful book.  Thanks to everyone for the warm (re)welcome.  I have some realigning to do with my own GA stuff.  Some of it has really shot up in the last few years, and some of it doesn't really conform with my long term goals.  Part of the fun of getting back into it is doing some weeding in the garden...

Edited by JiveTurkeyMoFo

A threesome of GREAT boardies that still remained!! the always phenomenal  @telerites & @Miamiknight3434 and the uber talented @Cat-Man_America who always brings the substance to his posts!! LOVE that Prize Brother!! 

and I meant to post WBTTBs!! (Welcome BACK to the Boards!!)

3 hours ago, JiveTurkeyMoFo said:

Beautiful book.  Thanks to everyone for the warm (re)welcome.  I have some realigning to do with my own GA stuff.  Some of it has really shot up in the last few years, and some of it doesn't really conform with my long term goals.  Part of the fun of getting back into it is doing some weeding in the garden...

If those are high grade weeds and you require a top drawer Orkin inspector to treat and perhaps cull your GA garden before it gets overrun, just let me know by PM.  (thumbsu