• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Initials on the shipping box

4 posts in this topic

Does CGC stressing this process concern anyone else? I understand the logic behind why CGC would want us to put the initials on the outside of the box, but why are they stressing is so much? To me if the initials on the box makes a difference (other than for a quick sort prior to opening) it makes me nervous about sending more books in. Someone mis-reads the initials, or USPS covers up a letter with a label, I put the wrong initials on the correct box and now my box is in with a signing for 2 months down the road? 

1 hour ago, thesink said:

Does CGC stressing this process concern anyone else? I understand the logic behind why CGC would want us to put the initials on the outside of the box, but why are they stressing is so much? To me if the initials on the box makes a difference (other than for a quick sort prior to opening) it makes me nervous about sending more books in. Someone mis-reads the initials, or USPS covers up a letter with a label, I put the wrong initials on the correct box and now my box is in with a signing for 2 months down the road? 

It will be fine. Takes only a few days to log a sub but no initials and it takes 7+ days. Trust me you will be fine. Ive done it both ways and learnt my lesson.

Does CGC stressing this process concern anyone else?

No. 

Someone mis-reads the initials

It's 2 letters. And even if they "misread" it, they'll see your submission form once they open the box and correctly categorize the order.

USPS covers up a letter with a label

That's why CGC requests you put the creator's initials on all 6 sides of the box.

I put the wrong initials on the correct box and now my box is in with a signing for 2 months down the road? 

First: Don't put the wrong initials on the box

Second: All boxes with initials are opened first, they don't sit around for months. They'll see your submission form and correctly categorize the order.