• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT Duo Kevin Eastman & Ben Bishop Join CGC's Private Signing Lineup!
2 2

80 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Ryan. said:

Did you click "Grading" first? 

When I hit the online submission forms and go to the "Comics/Magazine" option, everything is grey'd out except for the signing and I have to choose that first before the grading/pressing, etc options come up.

5 hours ago, Papa Patrick said:

I had everything ready to go and just needed to do the submission form and it does not give me a drop down menu option for any of the signings.  I have used three different web browsers, my phone, two different computers and a tablet.  I have even created a second free account and even that does not give me a drop down menu option for the signings.  

I was hoping to get this down there by the 15th.  But, it looks like I won't be able to because of an issue with CGC's site and/or my account.

I was having a similar issue.  I tried to do this yesterday (Friday 2/5) and had no option to select the signer.  I actually called CGC and they told me their submission forms were down for (all) their private signings and their IT department was going to take a look at it.  They told me to check back in a few hours, but said it might not be fixed until Monday (2/8).  Clearly it was never fixed yesterday, so i am hoping for Monday.  Seems like this will be cutting it really close to the cutoff date of 2/15 now for Eastman and Bishop.  I am kicking myself for waiting this long, knowing that some expedited shipping method may now be needed.

Edited by ngh81

54 minutes ago, ngh81 said:

I was having a similar issue.  I tried to do this yesterday (Friday 2/5) and had no option to select the signer.  I actually called CGC and they told me their submission forms were down for (all) their private signings and their IT department was going to take a look at it.  They told me to check back in a few hours, but said it might not be fixed until Monday (2/8).  Clearly it was never fixed yesterday, so i am hoping for Monday.  Seems like this will be cutting it really close to the cutoff date of 2/15 now for Eastman and Bishop.  I am kicking myself for waiting this long, knowing that some expedited shipping method may now be needed.

The sad thing is that I have had others today in a few groups literally take screen shots of their submission form page and they have it.  It looks like the issue is with free accounts and not the paid ones.

17 minutes ago, Papa Patrick said:

The sad thing is that I have had others today in a few groups literally take screen shots of their submission form page and they have it.  It looks like the issue is with free accounts and not the paid ones.

Oh OK.  That was not shared with me when I called CGC yesterday,  But that makes more sense because I really thought something like that would have been mentioned all over the boards if it was effecting everybody.

Thanks for the additional info.

That's frustrating. Call CGC again tomorrow, provided the submission forms are back to working, and see if they might give your books a few extra days past the deadline. The signing itself isn't for a couple of weeks after the submission deadline. 

With that said I would just pay the cost to overnight them anyway, as priority mail has been far from a guarantee to get to its destination in 2-3 days. 

So it looks like the online form is working again, at least it worked for me.  I also called CGC and they said they may push back the current cutoff date due to this issue, but wasn’t certain yet on this decision.  

Also, FYI, I ended up using FedEx ground and they said it should be there this week, so that could be a good option for quick shipping depending on where you live.

Edited by ngh81

On 2/8/2021 at 1:38 PM, ngh81 said:

So it looks like the online form is working again, at least it worked for me.  I also called CGC and they said they may push back the current cutoff date due to this issue, but wasn’t certain yet on this decision.  

Also, FYI, I ended up using FedEx ground and they said it should be there this week, so that could be a good option for quick shipping depending on where you live.

You were able to use FedEx?  I went to FedEx and they stated that they do not deliver to PO Boxes.  

I shipped mine out today Priority because overnight was 100 bucks.  I am rolling the dice here but my main issue is that I totally forgot to write the letters for the signing on the box.  I have tried to contact CGC via phone and a post on the boards, still waiting.

17 hours ago, Papa Patrick said:

You were able to use FedEx?  I went to FedEx and they stated that they do not deliver to PO Boxes.  

I shipped mine out today Priority because overnight was 100 bucks.  I am rolling the dice here but my main issue is that I totally forgot to write the letters for the signing on the box.  I have tried to contact CGC via phone and a post on the boards, still waiting.

Yeah, CGC told me to use their 5501 communications parkway address since I was shipping it FedEx.  You should hopefully be fine using USPS priority.  If for some reason it doesn’t get there by Monday I would just call them to see if they could accommodate you (given their IT issue).

I almost forgot about writing the initials too until I was reminded by the CGC rep.  But I am sure many people forgot to write it, so It probably happens all the time.

Bought a book and it arrived yesterday.  I sent it out yesterday to Sarasota for a signature and a remarque.  

Now here is the thing...CGC is closed on 2/15.  I called so they said that the deadline should be extended to 2/16.  Only thing now is that my parcel has a slight delay and is pushed to reaching Florida by 9PM on 2/16.

Let's see what happens.   

EDIT:  When I was buying the postage online yesterday, both priority and express mail were giving me the same arrival date.  :( so... I went with regular priority.  Didn't see the need to spend an additonal $35 to express mail it, only for it to arrive at the same time that the $12 package would get there...

We... shall... see...

Edited by Buzzetta

35 minutes ago, Chetgunderson said:

Is this the weekend? Excited :)

Yes me too!! AND I feel due to Facebook that it is going on now, can't wait to see if Eastman answers my Facebook question about Pizza and Turtles :) 

AND to see if my Nintendo Power makes the cut in the video :wishluck: I have been waiting since like Jan so it's Turtle Time! :banana: 

5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yes me too!! AND I feel due to Facebook that it is going on now, can't wait to see if Eastman answers my Facebook question about Pizza and Turtles :) 

AND to see if my Nintendo Power makes the cut in the video :wishluck: I have been waiting since like Jan so it's Turtle Time! :banana: 

I don't follow any of this activity on Facebook, not being a member myself. What makes you think the signing is happening now?

7 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

I don't follow any of this activity on Facebook, not being a member myself. What makes you think the signing is happening now?

FAN QUESTIONS WANTED!!!
The signing many of you have been waiting for is going down this week! Kevin Eastman and Ben Bishop will be (very) busy signing your books at CGC headquarters and we want your fan questions. Drop your burning Qs below in the comments and we will be sure to tag you in the video of them answering!
@bishart @kevineastmantmnt

@Ryan.

Screenshot_20210302-121130.png

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 minute ago, Chetgunderson said:

Question, I had my books pressed, does anyone know if that happens before or after the signing?

After signing

So 6 week turn around time they advertise will start when the signing is over, so possibly next Monday

3 week advertised for those who didn't press

On 3/2/2021 at 1:26 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

After signing

So 6 week turn around time they advertise will start when the signing is over, so possibly next Monday

3 week advertised for those who didn't press

You might want to just toss all those numbers out the window. CGC just make an update:

943839807_ScreenShot2021-03-15at10_17_29PM.thumb.png.81b71b31869718458a0a180d8d875ded.png

That's what we're discussing if you look in this thread 

@Sauce Dog

Some lucky ducks books got delivered the last day of the deadline, and his are already sfg  doh!

So mine were received in dec and in Jan, but I have no idea if I have to wait

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

@Habby2324

Pardon the tag but I was curious

A customer service rep mentioned to me on the phone that, since we had to wait for the rest of the Eastman Books to be signed....

that once they are in couple of weeks, that they would then be expressed through the TAT process? what kind of express treatment should we expect?

the same 3 week for nonpress? and 6 week for press/grade? Just curious :wishluck: and hoping 

I'm not really too upset, but it's just hard, I had my 1st book in to cgc in dec and the 2nd in by Jan, and then the signing got pushed back several times :shy: 

and it was told to me that my books even though in early are still in the 2nd batch and not signed yet, so I'm just looking for any concession with TAT I can find lol