• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“The Heck Is All This Drek?” Mystery Boxes
2 2

55 posts in this topic

Are you tired of buying mystery boxes and being disappointed? Do you get a great box one month and the next five are all terrible? And do you never ever see anyone win the grand prize?

Well complain evermore because the “What the heck is this drek?” Mystery boxes are HERE!

Here is the deal. EVERY BOX will contain a bunch of junk that have sat in $2 or less bins for decades. That’s right, no surprises. All drek, all the time!

Customer dissatisfaction guaranteed! Just check out my testimonials from the first test phase of two boxes sold!

”I thought I might still get something great but I didn’t. So he was honest” - Jim from San Diego

”I ran out of TP and was desperate”- Sam from Crested Butte, CO

There you have it folks, some great feedback! Each box is only $75 shipped. That’s $75 for a maybe $25 value! Why gamble and lose when you can choose to!?!?! Books can include 90s anything, 80s series you’ve never heard of and Bronze and Silver age comics that are beat beyond collectibility! 

You may be asking yourself where is the mystery? I want a prize! I get that. I really do. Well the surprise here is no surprise. Fully transparent and honest. That is the goal here. And hey if you will blindly purchase $25 worth of stuff for $75, why not just do it knowingly! Accept the risk, know the risk and take it regardless.

Books will be shipped without tracking and in reused boxes from other mystery box people. Recycling is fun and cheap and there is the added surprise that for a split second you think “hey I got an insert decent mystery box company here” but in reality it is this one. Oh the surprises!

This round is open now. I have 100 boxes and each costs $75 shipped! Perfect for the comic masochist or to give to friends. Also great YouTube content. It will match 90% of the unboxing videos out there so no one else will know but YOU! What a rush!

Here is Jim reviewing his box from our first wave!

Edited by comicginger1789

Is this absolute, guaranteed, bottom-of-the-barrel drek with no hope whatsoever of being hyped up in a film, or might I be disappointed with the books gaining significant value later and then feeling badly misled by the claims made in your copy here?

Edited by Ken Aldred

6 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Is this absolute bottom-of-the-barrel drek with no hope whatsoever of being hyped up in a film, or might I be disappointed with the books gaining significant value later and then feeling badly misled by the claims made in your copy here?

I mean, I can’t account for the bizarre. After all I did sell a Sleepwalker 1 to a guy for $15.

Keep in mind extensive carelessness went into these mystery boxes. We made sure that books included are ones you see en mass in back issue bins at your local shop. Copies were carelessly hand picked after eating our lunches and stuffed into cardboard backing boards and old yellowy bags we had to keep them looking as drekky as when we found them. We even took into account books that are often donated to ensure the true drekness of each box.

At the end of the day I am human. It is possible for some issue you receive to blow up and earn you an eighth of your initial investment. If that starts happening, I will deal with such complaints fairly and appropriately.

Also the first 50 buyers will get a blank label included in their box. 

Tired of getting stickers in boxes that have images of characters or companies that you don’t like? With my box the power is in YOUR hands to create the sticker you always wanted! Draw on it, doodle, or even write YOUR company or business on them. I don’t waste time advertising my stuff, I let you decide what you want on the sticker. You can even include your drawing on my blank label and put in someone else’s mystery box that YOU send out. If that isn’t value, I don’t know what is.

17 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

I mean, I can’t account for the bizarre. After all I did sell a Sleepwalker 1 to a guy for $15.

Keep in mind extensive carelessness went into these mystery boxes. We made sure that books included are ones you see en mass in back issue bins at your local shop. Copies were carelessly hand picked after eating our lunches and stuffed into cardboard backing boards and old yellowy bags we had to keep them looking as drekky as when we found them. We even took into account books that are often donated to ensure the true drekness of each box.

At the end of the day I am human. It is possible for some issue you receive to blow up and earn you an eighth of your initial investment. If that starts happening, I will deal with such complaints fairly and appropriately.

But, all said there, and in the original post as well, you sound like a straight shooter with decent customer service backup should the worst occur.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Thank you.

You are going to waste money. You are going to be disappointed. You will get them shipped securely. And you will get comics. Guarantees that I stand by (or at least sit with attention). 

Boxes are going faster than last round. I’ve sold one in less than an hour so at that rate I might sell out before the weekend. Don’t sleep on this one folks!

14 minutes ago, Comics4All said:

wow. That is some Drekky McDrek right there! :sick:

Thank you

With permission I would like to use your statement as yet another testimonial. I know you didn’t buy a box yet but your kind words are supportive and should be shared with future buyers.

18 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

The Robin 3000 has some nice Craig Russell art, the X-Factors are passable reads, and so you may be being too generous unless they are damaged copies. 

I was afraid of this. Then I will be no better than other mystery boxes that have the allure of greatness. 

My organizing algorithm should still stand, what with the passable readability of some issues outweighing the pure unreadable content of some thus still resulting in a net feeling of being let down. However the possibility does exist for someone to get a bunch of passable reads, thus not being entirely disappointed.

I may have to rethink the next round of boxes....

7 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

705033.jpg

This is also what I was afraid of. Some new person or company coming along and being able to offer even more drekful boxes than I. I admit I rushed to market to beat competitors but there are clearly some big players with drek and the means to pawn it off on people.

I hope this venture can last but I worry about the future of Heck Drek Inc.

It's a comic that should be in any drek box: it's überdrek.

And, 48 pages, so you'd be providing volume as well, if not value.

2 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

It's a comic that should be in any drek box: it's überdrek.

And, 48 pages, so you'd be providing volume as well, if not value.

Rather than crush my business perhaps I could offer you a partial stake as a partner? I’d be willing to give you a royalty of $5 per box sold provided you agree not to sell your drek in boxes of your own at a lower rate than mine. 

So I know there are skeptics within the community. I get that. I managed to talk to a Jim who bought a box during round one and he agreed to do a video highlighting his box! Hopefully he posts it soon and I will the share video here to once again be as transparent as possible.

20200912_102428.jpg.19ae22674dafd406455322f2d9e77e8c.jpg

2 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

Also the first 50 buyers will get a blank label included in their box. 

Tired of getting stickers in boxes that have images of characters or companies that you don’t like? With my box the power is in YOUR hands to create the sticker you always wanted! Draw on it, doodle, or even write YOUR company or business on them. I don’t waste time advertising my stuff, I let you decide what you want on the sticker. You can even include your drawing on my blank label and put in someone else’s mystery box that YOU send out. If that isn’t value, I don’t know what is.

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

You should check out the walking dead thread in modern

I say this because they've won some cool stuff, and several boardies have actually acquired the chase of the mystery boxes, wasnt saying it as a bad thing. :)