• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“The Heck Is All This Drek?” Mystery Boxes
2 2

55 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Qalyar said:

ROFL. Well, I'm happy to provide information about... whatever I have information about. I probably am more familiar with modern indie books than mental health professionals recommend.

Hmm you seem like you are going to want medical benefits. I can’t offer that. I’m going to rescind my offer and have to find another potential employee, sorry.

32 minutes ago, Qalyar said:

ROFL. Well, I'm happy to provide information about... whatever I have information about. I probably am more familiar with modern indie books than mental health professionals recommend.

Lots of great modern Image Comics.  Hard to believe they published Troll.

I’d recommend looking back at the 80s independents to find some classic, incredibly bad material, and well worthy of inclusion in the boxes.

And, as the satisfied purchaser in the video showed, shiny foil covers always impress.

Edited by Ken Aldred

49 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Lots of great modern Image Comics.  Hard to believe they published Troll.

I’d recommend looking back at the 80s independents to find some classic, incredibly bad material, and well worthy of inclusion in the boxes.

And, as the satisfied purchaser in the video showed, shiny foil covers always impress.

Jim told me he was initially dissatisfied but then his video he seemed extremely happy! I feel like I am losing a handle on who my customer actually is...is it comic masochists? People looking for content for their videos? People who actually appreciate drek in all its shapes and forms? 

I may need to cancel round two of my mystery boxes. I hope the one guy who bought one isn't pleased when he gets his refund....

When we were allowed to sell them here, I had a lot of fun putting them together. I'd often assemble a half dozen at a time, and putting them together was much more fun than simply pulling an Avengers 35 from box 117 to fill an order. It seemed to me the people that complained the loudest about them never even tried one. They thought they were too smart for such a ploy. 

Some people wanted to be able to sell them here and turn this place into a glorified ebay. Many folks, rightly, objected to that and thankfully Arch, based on feedback from the community, made a change to the rules that mystery boxes were not to be allowed. 

In the current spirit of philanthropy, community and giving thanks, you should run a shameless and obvious money-grabbing Black Friday Special for the sole purpose of enriching your coffers even more (though it may also have the intentional added benefit of increasing the disappointment level to consumers).  I'm thinking along the line of slashing the potential $25.00 drek value 50% to $12.50 until Cyber Monday, at which time you'd be able to run another promo.  Lousier books provided for the same $75.00, more crestfallen buyers guaranteed and you get to spread the same value drek over twice the amount of Mystery Boxes.  Win, win and win!

BLACK FRIDAY SALE!

BOXES ARE NOW 25% MORE MORE MORE!!!! THATS RIGHT, EACH BOX IS NOW $93.75! GET THEM NOW WHILE YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO WASTE MONEY STILL EXISTS!

NEWLY ADDED INVENTORY! COVERLESS BOOKS WITH MISSING PAGES! BOOKS WITH GENITALIA DRAWN ON CHARACTER'S FACES IN THE BOOK (IT COULD HAVE BEEN DONE BY A YOUNG JIM LEE OR JASON FABOK....YOU NEVER KNOW!?!?!?!?)

Edited by comicginger1789

7 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

99 mystery "boxes" remain? You've sold 3. Are you saying you created 102 on purpose?

I use the "boxes" in quotes because it is just a unpadded manila envelope.

PM me that ebay link, yo!

No, I sold 2 first round. Jim and I forget his name from Crested Butte. Nice guy though.

This round there was 100 but now that is down to 10. Quality control issues and an internal dilemma as I struggle with the prospect of perhaps not delivering enough drekiness to meet my claims.

Oh and here..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284095040765

On 11/26/2020 at 1:05 PM, Jeffro. said:

Some people wanted to be able to sell them here and turn this place into a glorified ebay. Many folks, rightly, objected to that and thankfully Arch, based on feedback from the community, made a change to the rules that mystery boxes were not to be allowed. 

I'm going strictly from memory but I believe the move to ban mystery boxes began because a buyer was displeased with the value of a mystery box he received and brought it to the General Discussion thread to complain. In retrospect, that was inevitable. Some sellers were asking very high dollars for their boxes too, like $500/$1000/$1500. Those musta been some tite boxes. 

So I am watching a Facebook auction right now.  80 and 90 drek.  These guys are getting big bucks for things like Silver Surfer #50($51), Punisher War Journel #1($30), New Mutants 22 (in 7.0)($22), New Warriors #1 (2nd printing)($15 multiple copies) .  Other junk books going for 30 to 40 dollars.  Spawn #1 (not newstand $85 )  Why? 

Based on this your boxes are worth hundreds of dollars.

Edited by toro