• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Fantastic Four #244
1 1

13 posts in this topic

OK, I'll Play...

From what you described and what I can see (Some photo's are blurry, book is in a slab, cannot see the spine and staples, cannot see the interior pages) (Corner/Edge Wear, Color Breaking Crease by the Spidey Logo)...

I would have to say...

7.0 FINE/VERY FINE (FN/VF):  Back to Top
An above-average copy that shows minor wear but is still relatively flat and clean with outstanding eye appeal. A small accumulation of minor bindery/printing defects is allowed. Minor cover wear beginning to show, possibly including minor creases. Corners may be blunted. Inks are generally bright with a moderate reduction in reflectivity. Stamped or inked arrival dates may be present. Minor foxing. The slightest spine roll may be present, as well as a possible moderate color break. Staples may show some discoloration. Slight staple tears and a small accumulation of light stress lines may be present. Slight rust migration. Paper is cream to tan. Centerfold is mostly secure. Minor interior tears at the margin may be present.

25 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Honestly I dont know. That top corner looks bad. Is it a split or just miscut? 
I am going to split it and say 7.5 for that corner. 

Otherwise 8.5 if that corner gets ignored.

Top corner looks like vermin damage.

4 hours ago, marvelmaniac said:

OK, I'll Play...

From what you described and what I can see (Some photo's are blurry, book is in a slab, cannot see the spine and staples, cannot see the interior pages) (Corner/Edge Wear, Color Breaking Crease by the Spidey Logo)...

I would have to say...

7.0 FINE/VERY FINE (FN/VF):  Back to Top
An above-average copy that shows minor wear but is still relatively flat and clean with outstanding eye appeal. A small accumulation of minor bindery/printing defects is allowed. Minor cover wear beginning to show, possibly including minor creases. Corners may be blunted. Inks are generally bright with a moderate reduction in reflectivity. Stamped or inked arrival dates may be present. Minor foxing. The slightest spine roll may be present, as well as a possible moderate color break. Staples may show some discoloration. Slight staple tears and a small accumulation of light stress lines may be present. Slight rust migration. Paper is cream to tan. Centerfold is mostly secure. Minor interior tears at the margin may be present.

Nice quote. Labeled white pages.

On 11/28/2020 at 12:24 AM, Galen130 said:

Gotta take these books out of the bag/loader so that we can see clearly.  Too blurry or too much reflection...

I'm not gonna crack the case

On 11/29/2020 at 8:31 AM, Funnybooks said:

Add 2.4

Edited by Mikek302
Misspelling

5 minutes ago, Mikek302 said:

I'm not gonna crack

Add 2.4

I'm not sure what you're looking for in this post? You've been given some opinions and it seems you don't like the opinions. I don't think anyone here is trying to be malicious or undermine your book but you come off quite unpleasant.

1 minute ago, Funnybooks said:

I'm not sure what you're looking for in this post? You've been given some opinions and it seems you don't like the opinions. I don't think anyone here is trying to be malicious or undermine your book but you come off quite unpleasant.

Ok........ This book is graded a 9.4 and it looks like a 7.0.

2 minutes ago, Mikek302 said:

Ok........ This book is graded a 9.4 and it looks like a 7.0.

Fair enough. Now I understand so thank you.

Obviously, something got lost in translation along the CGC QC train. Do you own the book or did you purchase the book as a 9.4?

Just now, Funnybooks said:

Fair enough. Now I understand so thank you.

Obviously, something got lost in translation along the CGC QC train. Do you own the book or did you purchase the book as a 9.4?

That's my book I sent in for grading. They're getting worse and worse and QC? Hahaha

16067602647568498335185947127891.jpg