• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grogu!
1 1

22 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

hahaha.

My daughter and I love the show, but this whole "What are the Jedi and where do I find them" storyline is pretty annoying.  The empire just fell!!  Luke Skywalker has to be the most famous person in the galaxy!  Mando's best friend is a former Rebellion fighter!  In the words of The Critical Drinker, " f*** off, show!"

Edited by OuterboroGuy

31 minutes ago, OuterboroGuy said:

My daughter and I love the show, but this whole "What are the Jedi and where do I find them" storyline is pretty annoying.  The empire just fell!!  Luke Skywalker has to be the most famous person in the galaxy!  Mando's best friend is a former Rebellion fighter!  In the words of The Critical Drinker, " f*** off, show!"

I love the show but yes I agree the whole "omg who are the Jedi?????" after 5 years, really?

Maybe Luke did the best Jedi mind trick in the history of Jedi mind tricks????? lol

Doesn't the show take place right after Return of The Jedi? The Jedi have been gone for like 30 years at that point and Luke had no idea who they were and Han didn't seem to know either .Everyone else who knew of them dismissed them as an ancient religion or were some mythical thing that really didn't ever exist. So makes sense in the show to me.

But I have no interest in the show and really hate baby yoda. If Lucas had done this everyone would hate it and say he only did it to sell baby yoda dolls and to manipulate everyone. Which is why they put him in the show yet everyone loves it. Blah.

1 hour ago, catman76 said:

Doesn't the show take place right after Return of The Jedi? The Jedi have been gone for like 30 years at that point and Luke had no idea who they were and Han didn't seem to know either .Everyone else who knew of them dismissed them as an ancient religion or were some mythical thing that really didn't ever exist. So makes sense in the show to me.

Good point -- had not thought of that.  As a "viewer" we know the entire Jedi thing by end of Return of the Jedi.  Most folks in the outer rim likely don't know much of the details about the fall of the Empire.  (Although I would have thought that at least Mando's former Rebellion fighter friend might have heard some rumors of "The Force" given the destruction of the Death Star and the accolades given to Luke.

1 hour ago, catman76 said:

But I have no interest in the show and really hate baby yoda. If Lucas had done this everyone would hate it and say he only did it to sell baby yoda dolls and to manipulate everyone. Which is why they put him in the show yet everyone loves it. Blah.

The baby yoda thing can get tiresome, but I find the Western-style "mission of the week" format is pretty enjoyable.  Like a lot of Star Wars, you really can't spend too much time trying to rationalize a lot of what's happening (e.g., apparently almost every planet is equally habitable by a number of species, and no one gets sick from drinking the local water), but I find this production to be done with a lot of care and obvious affection for the source material.  The painted scenes at the end of every episode are also awesome.

On 12/7/2020 at 2:30 PM, OuterboroGuy said:

+1 for the Critical Drinker reference 

His dissection of the last Predator movie was the stuff of legends

On 12/7/2020 at 6:36 PM, catman76 said:

Doesn't the show take place right after Return of The Jedi? The Jedi have been gone for like 30 years at that point and Luke had no idea who they were and Han didn't seem to know either .Everyone else who knew of them dismissed them as an ancient religion or were some mythical thing that really didn't ever exist. So makes sense in the show to me

Yup. Exactly. Following RoTS, the Jedi were in hiding and laying low while Vader and his purge troopers and other minions were doing exactly that, purging the Jedi. There really are not a lot of them left. 2 are confirmed (Luke & Ahsoka) and there are possibly 3 or 4 that might still be alive. 

Plus the show takes place in the outer rim where neither empire nor republic were ever really able to take hold, so word of what happened was probably meant with an “oh well” or “who cares”

Edited by awakeintheashes