• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old comic book pictures you once had

124 posts in this topic

On 1/17/2021 at 3:04 PM, woowoo said:

@Cat-Man_Americacan you grab an ale and come out and play :preach:Early Marvel Mystery sub torch would be nice. I would think you got some DC ?

Well, here's your's truly & a couple of fresh high grade Caps after a HA from a year or so back...

image.thumb.png.3396a669b085cec719627a7ff754601b.png

:tink:

Edited by Cat-Man_America
ALE!

3 minutes ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Well, here's your's truly a couple of fresh high grade Caps after a HA from a year or so back...

image.thumb.png.3396a669b085cec719627a7ff754601b.png

Hey you look to be a  8.5 in shape No belly after all that ale (thumbsu Thought you would look more like this. Great book's.

Batman after Quarantine.jpg

3 hours ago, woowoo said:

I do not remember where i got these pictures but they did say ( 1939 production proofs from Detective Comics #27 ) cool all the same.

1939 production proofs from Detective Comics #27.jpg

1939 production proofs from Detective Comics #27-2.jpg

1939 production proofs from Detective Comics #27-3.jpg

1939 production proofs from Detective Comics #27-4.jpg

Those were the ones someone found out on the curb in the garbage outside the Kane’s apartment post divorce. As close to OA as there is. 

On 11/27/2020 at 10:44 PM, Cat-Man_America said:

June '74 (Houstoncon)

The painting Al Williamson's holding was my tribute to EC.  I chose Weird Fantasy #15. He illustrated "By George!!" in that issue...

image.thumb.png.f876b10fb9faf818cfed89ea2c2cb484.png 

Here's an in-focus image of the issue...

Alas, the nerdy looking geek holding the Secret Agent Corrigan daily would've probably looked better out of focus. :facepalm:

WOW!  Cat's either a time traveler or a prophet!  The Weird Fantasy in that painting of his sure looks like it's encapsulated to me!

On 11/28/2020 at 8:06 AM, KCOComics said:

Wow! Really really cool! I'm glad to hear your still painting and creating! My favorites are "you're next" and the untitled space age piece. 

I agree. You have quite a talent there. Love the first four, but especially untitled. And why haven’t you given that a name yet? Just awesome. 

On 1/19/2021 at 10:44 AM, Robot Man said:

A couple of early garage sale, flea market finds. Still have a lot of these. 

46FA0C89-EE5B-4804-AD45-6325DC540DFE.jpeg

Outside on your driveway?  Laid directly on the concrete? :whatthe:

4 hours ago, woowoo said:

1974 photo, identified as Wilt Conine and Larry Bigman, showing off valuable comics at a convention

I could have bought a copy of Action 1 at Hayward con back in 79 for 3k looked just like this copy with no bag.

1974 Action 1 superman 1.jpg

I could have bought an Action #1 in 1971 at Cherokee Books for $300.