• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old comic book pictures you once had

124 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, woowoo said:

chuck.jpg

What's always stood out to me about the comics in this picture is how perfect the stacks of books look.  I mean, of course, it's the Edgar Church collection.  But still, they somehow look even nicer and fresher in that photo- whiter, glossier.  

Which I suppose they are given, at this point, they've spent more time out of Mr. Church's basement than they did in it.

7 hours ago, Randall Dowling said:

What's always stood out to me about the comics in this picture is how perfect the stacks of books look.  I mean, of course, it's the Edgar Church collection.  But still, they somehow look even nicer and fresher in that photo- whiter, glossier.  

Which I suppose they are given, at this point, they've spent more time out of Mr. Church's basement than they did in it.

Interesting. You are probably correct but I always thought this pic was of Chuck back home at his place after acquiring the books. I assumed he made those stacks after going through the books. Never occurred to me that pic was from the Church house.

1 hour ago, Jayman said:

Interesting. You are probably correct but I always thought this pic was of Chuck back home at his place after acquiring the books. I assumed he made those stacks after going through the books. Never occurred to me that pic was from the Church house.

Apologies, Jay.   I didn't mean to imply that wasn't Chuck's place.  I'm pretty sure it is his apartment.  I always assumed he stacked them up in his living room.

10 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

Apologies, Jay.   I didn't mean to imply that wasn't Chuck's place.  I'm pretty sure it is his apartment.  I always assumed he stacked them up in his living room.

(thumbsu