• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Jshaffer7390 for the Probation List
3 3

47 posts in this topic

Regretfully my first nomination here. 

Around lunch time today I bought the Nightmare 12 in his sales thread at asking price.  A short time later I left with my family and he marked it sold in thread and sent me an invoice while I was out  

28DEF8FC-414F-44CD-9E13-B0F37DB21808.thumb.png.a490928bf58580032db4d45edbffa477.png

After I got home and ate dinner and I logged in I had the following exchange with him. I don’t know if it is him thinking he can get more or what, but in short he rather rudely backed out of the sale. The following post will be the screen shots of the exchange and how he edited the sold post. 

Edited by SkOw

8 minutes ago, Jshaffer7390 said:

I offered him the book still and closed the thread. Kind of tedious to manage this on mobile, but if he's going to make a thread out of this, then so be it.

Screenshot_20201127-230448_Chrome.jpg

You did that AFTER the threat of the probation list and getting in a few snarky comments.  You can’t just close a thread after a valid claim and mark it void. It doesn’t work like that here. 

8 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

@SkOw - looks like a solution is on the table :)

I’m standing by my nomination here. The boards need to see who this guy is. They can draw their own conclusion from the messages and take action accordingly. 

3 minutes ago, Jshaffer7390 said:

Jesus, read your threads.

Congrats on posting the update in the thread a few minutes before I did.  I’m glad you can copy paste faster than me. 

Edited by SkOw

1 minute ago, SkOw said:

Congrats on posting the update in the thread a few minutes before I did.  I’m glad you can copy paste faster than me. 

Look man, I didn't reoffer you the book out of fear of being put on some blacklist. Either pay for the book or give it a rest.

2 minutes ago, SkOw said:

I’m standing by my nomination here. The boards need to see who this guy is. They can draw their own conclusion from the messages and take action accordingly. 

I can understand that, jshaffer was certainly cavalier and snarky about trying to renege on the sale.  

However, since he has since re-offered to honor the sale, I think that takes the PL out of the equation.  I wouldn’t blame you for not wanting to go through with the purchase anymore, but if jshaffer is sincere in the new offer to sell, the ball is back in your court.

7 minutes ago, SkOw said:

If he is offering to sell you the book there is nothing to nominate him for. The purpose of this list is to get people to follow through with the transaction and that is what he is offering to do. Of course it was wrong to have cancelled it in the first place, but at this point I don't believe it is probation worthy. 

9 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

I can understand that, jshaffer was certainly cavalier and snarky about trying to renege on the sale.  

However, since he has since re-offered to honor the sale, I think that takes the PL out of the equation.  I wouldn’t blame you for not wanting to go through with the purchase anymore, but if jshaffer is sincere in the new offer to sell, the ball is back in your court.

8 minutes ago, wombat said:

If he is offering to sell you the book there is nothing to nominate him for. The purpose of this list is to get people to follow through with the transaction and that is what he is offering to do. Of course it was wrong to have cancelled it in the first place, but at this point I don't believe it is probation worthy. 

Not arguing with any of this.  Let me be clear what I mean too though.  I see other threads titles here say things like “withdrawn” or other like titles. I’m not doing that.  That is why I was careful to word “take action accordingly” instead of “vote”. People should have the opportunity to know who they are dealing with on here. 

He is now offering to follow through though which I agree no longer makes it appropriate for the list.