• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 Official Holiday Raffle Thread
11 11

1,139 posts in this topic

On 12/12/2020 at 10:30 PM, Turtle said:

2 Different entries for me:

Lot A:

Usagi Yojimbo box featuring a signed sketchbook, a signed poster (folded), and a big stack of Usagi/Space Usagi books published by Mirage Studios

98a.thumb.jpg.4d858b2b9173e0a01c71557aa2d4d841.jpg98b.thumb.jpg.add49685ea59381bb8afa189f572fe30.jpg

Lot B:

Marvel Two-In-One/Marvel Premiere Mystery box.  The only thing you know is that Woodgod WILL be involved :sumo:

99.thumb.jpg.7265263cbd7e9c88b1163dcdd162b8d0.jpg

BONUS:

Whichever lot is chosen SECOND of my two lots will also receive a signed photo of (I think) Billy Joel that I unwillingly received a few years back...and also a $50 gift card to Ebay.:flipbait:

I forgot to mention that both lots will also include a variety of Peeps from the JustBorn factory right here in Bethlehem, PA.  There will be some fun flavors along with the originals...just no holiday shapes as the pandemic seems to be affecting absolutely everything this year.  :ohnoez:

Anyway...love 'em or hate 'em...Peeps!

peeps.jpg.1950d5e82af82f6856572bc604c7a00c.jpg

31 minutes ago, Turtle said:

I forgot to mention that both lots will also include a variety of Peeps from the JustBorn factory right here in Bethlehem, PA.  There will be some fun flavors along with the originals...just no holiday shapes as the pandemic seems to be affecting absolutely everything this year.  :ohnoez:

Anyway...love 'em or hate 'em...Peeps!

peeps.jpg.1950d5e82af82f6856572bc604c7a00c.jpg

Whoever wins this prize has to eat all the peeps & then eat the Woodie comic like so:

Next up is a set of Savage Avengers #1-10. It shouldn't work but it does! And what seems like a cash grab on the surface is actually one of the most enjoyable Marvel series I've read in a while. For a more enjoyable experience you need to listen to Shalamar and Morris Day & The Time while reading these :banana:

IMG_0278.thumb.JPEG.002ac82313c59b2b23fa0f0ee870f1bc.JPEGIMG_0279.thumb.JPEG.71ac3691a0f7acaea806a297a6de8c79.JPEGIMG_0280.thumb.JPEG.f6425600f37aedb3ec10eb8ddde739ec.JPEGIMG_0281.thumb.JPEG.2588a9d35f9255a0ee1d20de8ef933ea.JPEG

18 minutes ago, Kramerica said:

Next up is a set of 3 Marvel Comics Blacklight Holiday Cards! In 1971, Third Eye Inc. of New York released a line of products featuring images from Marvel Comics printed in a psychedelic style with bright fluorescent colors.

Included in the line were posters, puzzles, and oversized 6" x 9" greeting cards. I'm going to offer 2 sets so this will be Set #1. These include the original envelopes as well (thumbsu

IMG_0273.thumb.JPEG.9bccd79564265bb0dd3c02049457ebef.JPEGIMG_0272.thumb.JPEG.889dc920c37c22a26ddc790e59559aba.JPEGIMG_0271.thumb.JPEG.6368baaed7fa61d6aad5667fa4399420.JPEG

I think these cards would work better if you looked at them while eating magic mushrooms! lol

1 hour ago, Kramerica said:

A couple different entries for me this year! :banana: First off is The New Avengers: The Ultimate Collection by Bendis Volumes 1 & 2. I love this entire run - it's time for someone else to experience its awesomeness. Unfortunately I cannot ship these internationally as they weight 4+ pounds.

IMG_0274.thumb.JPEG.f96a6e41cb703ca6c6101a55935ad1da.JPEGIMG_0275.thumb.JPEG.2eef02caa992ff692acf2cabaf6ad5c3.JPEG

IMG_0276.thumb.JPEG.22f8c1afb0d21ee8ae39f9a23bb9e2b5.JPEGIMG_0277.thumb.JPEG.27388db95d985b991bae7ffb46bb8608.JPEG

Awesome prize.  It's a really good run.  What issues does it collect?

I'm in!  I was looking for this posting but didn't remember what it was called (Raffle?  Waffle?  Gift Exchange?  Secret Santa?  Exhibitionist Santa?).  Anyway, I'll put up Batman Volume I and II of the DC Archive Editions.  Shipping to the US only please.

IMG_3108.JPG

Updated!  Thanks to all the participants so far.  Some great items being offered up this year!  If anyone else wants to participate, you've got just under 7 days to get a donation listed.

@Haupia your Hawaiian treat box is usually a big hit and very high on a lot of lists.  Maybe it'll make a comeback?  :wishluck:

5 hours ago, The Sledder said:

Updated!  Thanks to all the participants so far.  Some great items being offered up this year!  If anyone else wants to participate, you've got just under 7 days to get a donation listed.

@Haupia your Hawaiian treat box is usually a big hit and very high on a lot of lists.  Maybe it'll make a comeback?  :wishluck:

I’m in! :headbang: ... just need to build a gift up when I’m able! I’ll be posting up soon! ... and as always TREATS FROM HAWAII INCLUDED :bigsmile:

On 12/13/2020 at 1:00 PM, The Sledder said:

The list is up to date once again.  Just a reminder, you've got about 8 days left to post your donation if you want to participate in the raffle. 

I've gone through the thread.  Here are the people who have expressed interest (or someone else has said you might be interested).  All you have to do to take part is post a donation for the raffle.  If you've never done it before, it's a lot of fun!

@smithdatura

@wombat

@adampasz

@707comics

@shiverbones

@Fan Boy

@Sanj Mitra

@Cocomonkey

@Old_Man_Adam

@Chazgee

@BMoreLauren

@Rich_Henn

Also, if you know someone who might like to participate, feel free to give them a shout in this thread. 

Sorry folks but been crazy at work. I will be rummaging and post an omnibus. Just have to sort through what I have in the comic area

11 hours ago, ChasingKingKirby said:

I’m totally in for this.  Quasi-mystery box...  but not really.  I’ve covered the issue numbers for all books but one, but I have NO DOUBT boardies can figure out every book in the piles. Please don’t share if you figure em out.   Lot includes several keys, including Six number ones.  All marvel.  Mix of bronze and copper.  Several titles.  All books are at least mid grade with several high grade.  A couple are very high grade.  Should be an enjoyable lot for someone.

5AE79C8D-52FA-458E-BB1A-12FC288C381C.jpeg

Nice stack of books!

39 minutes ago, Kramerica said:

Get away from them you hear? Move along. You didn't see nuthin!

I wonder what that third one is.  I'd be excited to get the package to see how many I got correct from the sliver of the front.

If anyone is on the fence - this is one of the really fun events on the boards that can't be missed.  From the elves picking names video to the banter during the picking, it's a great afternoon..

Edited by 1Cool

13 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

If anyone is on the fence - this is really one of the really fun events on the boards that can't be missed.  Front the elves picking names video to the banter during the picking, it's a great afternoon..

I concur. I missed a couple of years and I was instantly bummed that I did. This year I made sure not to miss it.