• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 Official Holiday Raffle Thread
11 11

1,139 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, fmaz said:

A quick primer for those who haven't done this before.  There are two hard and fast rules of the raffle:

1. EVERYONE will complain endlessly about their position in the raffle, including some momentary lapses in judgements which will often result in various stink eyes and accusations of grift hurled at adorable pre-teen elves.

2. DESPITE rule #1, almost everyone ends up with something they'd ranked in their top 5-6 picks.  Regardless of where you end up picking, because everyone's interests are so diverse, that item you think is so clearly the 3rd best prize will "AMAZINGLY" still be there when you pick 39th.  Happens ALL. THE. TIME.

Looking forward to it as always.... although I'm sure I'll get the shaft with my spot again.... &*(*&#%# elves.  :facepalm:

LIES.

I will not complain.  :)

2 minutes ago, The Sledder said:

50774953_ElfShelf.gif.3f10e1112fa9669c8665003fd7c34d7c.gif

I've suggested to a friend who has small children, and is very tired of dealing with the Elf on the Shelf, a new creation of my own -

The Shelf-Eating Elf.

You tell your kids that, if the elf is missing, it's because "the shelf-eating elf" has struck and made the elf invisible, because he's now part of the wood (or granite) of your shelves. But he's still watching you and all the other rules.  Just allows parents to be lazy and not have to move the thing around all the time.

Ok, I've got the list on the first page updated. 

PLEASE take a minute and double check to make sure your shipping preferences are correct.  If you which to place restrictions on where you'll ship, it should say so in the list on the first page. 

Additionally, if I've missed anyone that made it in before the deadline, please speak up. 

Thanks everyone!  This should be a lot of fun. 

1809898644_Cantwait.gif.b53325fca4ce6bf3227028f08468f43d.gif