• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 Official Holiday Raffle Thread
11 11

1,139 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, The Sledder said:

You don't need to complete the form, but it's always a good idea to submit one.  It will cover you in the event of an emergency.  Something pulls you away from the computer, emergency power outage, etc.

I will get one completed tonight while I am doing server maintenance, will be up til 3-4am anyways.  Might as well. lol

On 12/19/2020 at 9:05 AM, SpideyFein said:

Hey, I’ve been wanting to post, and appreciate the push!!! I hope you and the family are well. Ok... 

Here is cool 19 book lot, with the “star”being a beater Strange Tales 25. No back cover, and cover barely hanging on, but awesome art work is fully present  Also included are 4 Archies, 5  Charlton War covers, 4 Gold keys, (Avg. grade of these 13 books is g/vg) and 5 lower grade books. Archie Pals and Gals is a cool Christmas cover too! 

IMG_7288.JPG.ef25d206701adc511162d45771555860.JPGIMG_7296.JPG.dd060f6c0f7b94beab88d0cd62dea6a8.JPG

For the longest time I never understood why the title was "The Long Sleep." I mean....they're waking up. They're not sleeping. Yes, they look a little grouchy but they are definitely not sleeping.

That stays in ... THANKS!! (worship)(worship)

For this year’s 2020 Holidays raffle ...

One CGC slab - Marvel Super Special #5 white pages 8.5 grade

Donald Duck HC volume filled of the great Duck artist Carl Barks stories, including a Christmas story! Good for your kids to read classic stories.

11 issues of Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man #1-3,5-12. (Missing #4, so I am throwing in second copy #1 and Ultimate Spider-Man #160). So you get 13 issues total.

One $25 Amazon gift card and one Canadian surprise snack treat.

Shipping to Canada and U.S. 

F30E5DD2-EBA5-4BC5-96F2-E31C2E03A286.jpeg

Edited by Fan Boy

1 minute ago, fmaz said:

Form submitted - Ranked 'em all, 1-80... because to do otherwise would make my brain itch.  I know, I know... I have "a condition."

Going through them to familiarize with a ranking also helps with switching the numbers at the last minute, when picking live lol

Saved my keister several times I don't mind saying, when all is drool worthy you need a reference point to sum it up

2 hours ago, miraclemet said:

I was looking back at past raffles and there's stuff that has a lot of current hotness now. TMNTs, Star Wars, 1st Red Hulk and more... 

Off the top of my head I think the book that probably went up most in value I have given was a Conan 1. Not sure what the hell I was thinking.  :pullhair:

50 minutes ago, wombat said:

Off the top of my head I think the book that probably went up most in value I have given was a Conan 1. Not sure what the hell I was thinking.  :pullhair:

:takeit:

On 12/21/2020 at 4:47 PM, fmaz said:

2. DESPITE rule #1, almost everyone ends up with something they'd ranked in their top 5-6 picks.  Regardless of where you end up picking, because everyone's interests are so diverse, that item you think is so clearly the 3rd best prize will "AMAZINGLY" still be there when you pick 39th.  Happens ALL. THE. TIME.

I can definitely attest to this one. Last year I think I was third from the bottom on the list, and ended up with like, my #1 and #4 choices or something like that. Granted, I ranked my form knowing I was going to be at the bottom, but still, hehe.

6 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

Update: There is a possibility my donation might not be eligible due to the fact I had missed the deadline. PM sent to OP and see what is to be do? Sorry about that... I had a very busy season working through. :sorry:

For this year’s 2020 Holidays raffle ...

One CGC slab - Marvel Super Special #5 white pages 8.5 grade

Donald Duck HC volume filled of the great Duck artist Carl Barks stories, including a Christmas story! Good for your kids to read classic stories.

11 issues of Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man #1-3,5-12. (Missing #4, so I am throwing in second copy #1 and Ultimate Spider-Man #160). So you get 13 issues total.

One $25 Amazon gift card and one Canadian surprise snack treat.

Shipping to Canada and U.S. 

F30E5DD2-EBA5-4BC5-96F2-E31C2E03A286.jpeg

386921564_DeadlinesGif.gif.6cebfb4c754be4678ff11fe7f76d947f.gif

While I generally wish to discourage late entries, mostly for the extra work it causes for the organizers (i.e. me), it's too close to Christmas and I know the elves are watching so I have to be on my best behavior.  I suppose my Grinchy heart has grown three sizes this day.  You're in @Fan Boy

I have added your prize to the forms and it should be live now.  If anyone has already submitted a form and wish to change it based on the new entry, simply submit another one and it will overwrite the first one. 

232771380_GrinchHeartGif.gif.45f65d1ba558d5dd2dcb99c82ea96309.gif

Edited by The Sledder
Tag