• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Small Tear
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I got this D23 comic book sealed in the mail and noticed a small tear on the bottom.  I opened it up just to take pictures but am very unhappy about it.

If I were to submit it to get graded, with everything else being pristine, how much would I get dinged on the grading?

62567427_D23tear2.thumb.jpg.715696310db81ebcf0aa4943d6917d43.jpg397719751_D23tear.thumb.jpg.4a3523b56d66c78020c6d52e43b57fe0.jpg

On 11/28/2020 at 10:43 PM, tyip88 said:

I got this D23 comic book sealed in the mail and noticed a small tear on the bottom.  I opened it up just to take pictures but am very unhappy about it.

If I were to submit it to get graded, with everything else being pristine, how much would I get dinged on the grading?

Hamdingers is right Tyip88. You have to pay them for that kind of information!

But don't feel stu pid for asking - you can always post your question here instead, and the forum members will tell you what they think:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/42-hey-buddy-can-you-spare-a-grade/

The tear will take the book out of contention for the highest grades so if it wasn't disclosed to you, or the book was sold to you as a '9.8 candidate' - something like that - perhaps speak with the seller and send it back if needed.