• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Human Torch, Namora and Sub-Mariner Art
1 1

40 posts in this topic

The Human Torch was really a surprise as I didn't know it was even a character, thought it was just a random drawing. I remember that Everett did work on the Human Torch in the Golden-Age. My dad is a big fan and will love seeing them.

Edited by TellshiarMarvelmaniaCollector

1 hour ago, glendgold said:

Wow, these are great! Thanks for sharing. The DD is fascinating - someone who knows the history of the character's creation will no doubt see some clues here.

Thank you. I have searched the Internet and archives from past auctions and haven't seen a Daredevil or Human Torch in fans hands, only Hulk and Sub-Mariner. I believe he co-created both Daredevil and Sub-Mariner.

Just now, TellshiarMarvelmaniaCollector said:

Thank you, definitely a historic treasure that will definitely be appreciated.

Everett created the Sub-Mariner back in 1939.

These are incredible drawings, and Heritage would definitely be the place to sell them.

As someone who has sold comic art for 44 years, you’re not going to find another drawing of Daredevil or the Human Torch/Namora.

These are truly rare and should be sold individually as to maximize your profit. 

MI

9 minutes ago, artdealer said:

Everett created the Sub-Mariner back in 1939.

These are incredible drawings, and Heritage would definitely be the place to sell them.

As someone who has sold comic art for 44 years, you’re not going to find another drawing of Daredevil or the Human Torch/Namora.

These are truly rare and should be sold individually as to maximize your profit. 

MI

Thank you for the info. The original owner laminated them before leaving for college. I asked why he didn't have the others signed and he said because he knew they were his. He actually had the Sub-Mariner drawn in front of him, while the others came from his pad. I don't think he co-created the Human Torch or Namora, but I know he did with Daredevil and Namora.

1 hour ago, TellshiarMarvelmaniaCollector said:

Thank you for the info. The original owner laminated them before leaving for college. I asked why he didn't have the others signed and he said because he knew they were his. He actually had the Sub-Mariner drawn in front of him, while the others came from his pad. I don't think he co-created the Human Torch or Namora, but I know he did with Daredevil and Namora.

Oy vey.

5 hours ago, Bill C said:

If you don't go through Heritage, might I suggest (plead with you) you take hi-res scans of the Daredevil and put those out there? The historical significance of that piece is great, and I'd love a scan for my files.

I will send you a high res-scan when I have one.

On 11/29/2020 at 10:31 AM, TellshiarMarvelmaniaCollector said:

The Human Torch was really a surprise as I didn't know it was even a character, thought it was just a random drawing. I remember that Everett did work on the Human Torch in the Golden-Age. My dad is a big fan and will love seeing them.

Please refresh my memory - what work did Everett do on Human Torch in the Golden Age?