• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Force has taken Darth Vader - RIP Dave Prowse
4 4

27 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Larryw7 said:

When Luke takes Vader's mask off, he's not supposed to look like a bad , but a broken old man who, for once in his life, did the right thing. 

True but remember he looked exactly the same when he was doing this.  Thas what's hard to swallow.
Why does Darth Vader opt to physically strangle Captain Antilles at the  beginning of âStar Warsâ (1977) instead of âForce Chokingâ him? - Science  Fiction & Fantasy Stack Exchange

1 minute ago, Larryw7 said:

Probably with a growl and twisted anger though. Anger can truly distort a face.

Pudgy egghead with too much pancake makeup scowlin dont seem very scary tho.  I mean imagine barney fife scowlin-not scary.

RIP Dave Prowse 

I met him as a young kid back in 1983 or 1984. He was in town visiting kids in the local children's hospital where my mom worked as a nurse. She was allowed to bring me in to meet him as well, and I got this signed picture which I still have. The back side has a local charity information printed on it.   I think this is where I learned there actually 2 people that were Darth Vader.

20201130_124338.thumb.jpg.1ab8fe0972560e0bd7b1676e9a6d0ed4.jpg

On 11/30/2020 at 1:54 AM, kav said:

Pudgy egghead with too much pancake makeup scowlin dont seem very scary tho.  I mean imagine barney fife scowlin-not scary.

Like maybe dressing in black, wear a menacing cape and mask would help. Wait, what? :baiting: