• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Joe Simon Artwork
1 1

22 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Simon Comics said:

Does anyone own some Orignal Joe Simon pieces of art? He had quite a large collection and now its all over the world. intresting to see who in the group owns and what pieces are here

**RARE** Joe Simon 1932 High School Yearbook - Golden/Silver/Bronze Age Only - CGC Comic Book Collectors Chat Boards (cgccomics.com)

9 hours ago, Ameri said:

Here's a page from Stuntman 2 and the original bill of sales

stuntman2a sharp.jpg

stuntman2g.JPG

Wow! VERY COOL! I just got stuntman comics #2 today and was flipping through it. Great piece. Joe and Jack didn’t make much money with the original art. 

the page isn’t for sale right? 

5 minutes ago, Simon Comics said:

Ah! Sick magazine! Mad magazine’s biggest rival for years! Joe loved Sick magazine; after Joe left it was never the same. Some great art is in those magazines like Jack Davis. Great cover too

I was happy to pick it up many moons ago. It's the only way I'd ever afford a piece of art from your grandfather. 

Both Sick and Cracked are pretty good sources for art by comic greats at a fraction of the price. I know I picked up some Bill Ward and Severin stuff too with the Playbore piece. 

1 hour ago, Simon Comics said:

Wow! VERY COOL! I just got stuntman comics #2 today and was flipping through it. Great piece. Joe and Jack didn’t make much money with the original art. 

the page isn’t for sale right? 

Thanks! If I had another S&K, maybe, but I don't so I can't sell this one at this time. I'll keep you in mind though.

14 minutes ago, Ameri said:

Pricey, but here's a Stuntman for sale

http://www.romitaman.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=17127&ArtistId=921

Oh I know that piece! That stuntman is beautiful!!! I’ve seen it for years. It’s out of my price range. Maybe one day I’ll be able to acquire it but today it isn’t the day. I’ll say this tho, I use to think the price is crazy but after analyzing the market alittle more, it seems quite reasonable! 

On 11/30/2020 at 1:32 PM, Simon Comics said:

Does anyone own some Orignal Joe Simon pieces of art? He had quite a large collection and now its all over the world. intresting to see who in the group owns and what pieces are here

You may want to post this in the Original Comic Art section instead...