• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Slabbed with cover fold visible?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Not sure if this has been posted before, but I was wondering what people think happened here.  Did CGC intentionally package this with the damaged area folded back?  Or did the folded bit get caught on something during packaging, and end up folding over in the final slab?

It just seems that they'd at least package the book trying to make the damage less noticeable if possible? 2do1qm56pc261.jpg

18 minutes ago, Funnybooks said:

That must have been folded in accidentally during production. Contact CGC and I'm confident they'll make it right.

I'm not so sure about that. If it was shipped to them in that condition, then I don't think they would be interested in modifying the condition it arrived in.

13 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'm not so sure about that. If it was shipped to them in that condition, then I don't think they would be interested in modifying the condition it arrived in.

I can see that. Unless the submitter took photos prior to submitting, we may never know?

The cover detachment likely contributed to this unfortunate situation. The real problem is that now that it's been slabbed this way, it will be more difficult to correct. But from the looks of it, the cover fold should be able to handle being manipulated back into the proper position without any additional damage...  

3 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

The cover detachment likely contributed to this unfortunate situation. The real problem is that now that it's been slabbed this way, it will be more difficult to correct. But from the looks of it, the cover fold should be able to handle being manipulated back into the proper position without any additional damage...  

Agreed, that should be an easy fix. Only additional damage should be a pronounced crease where the paper folded over.