• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 collecting in the rear-view review (the good stuff)
8 8

212 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, mustang33guy said:

I’ve been able to pick up a good amount of books on my master list this year! The most significant isn’t relevant to this thread which is my Amazing Spider-Man #1 CGC 4.0. That’s the tops for me.

But now to the 3 top Golden age books of mine from 2020 that I never would’ve expected picking up...

F9B64068-F51B-4927-B419-3DB55FDCD006.jpeg

FA3351A3-5493-4C8E-A9BD-90472167D73D.jpeg

419ACE75-0D77-4E76-B439-4511EF01474C.jpeg

:applause:Very nice! Love the MLJ, but glad to see the Girl Confessions was a keeper as well.

3 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Cool book I’ve never seen before. What about it makes it your fav pickup? Story please...:gossip:

Thanks @Jayman

Well with this one it's really a simple: one it's Berk copy, and one I had to pass on the first time around to obtain others higher on the list in the auction at that time, and second snagged it just before my furlough this year in the Spring, so only 'big ticket'(for me anyway) book I grabbed this year.

(But CC  auction could change that :devil: )

14 hours ago, walclark said:

I have one more nice addition to my collection that might arrive before the end of the year.  If it does, it will hold the #1 spot, but for now I would put these at the top of my pile.

Fight Comics #15 was the last of the three Super-American covers that I needed and it completed my mini run of the series up to the switch to jungle covers.

Pep Comics #38 occupies my number 2 spot for the moment.  Schomburg war cover, yes, please, and the Rockford pedigree is a nice bonus.

498048062_pep38001.thumb.jpg.b4be950e9c492f4961560d359db05047.jpg

That's awesome! Somehow I never noticed that Schomburg did MLJ! Learn something new everyday. :) 

17 hours ago, mustang33guy said:

I’ve been able to pick up a good amount of books on my master list this year! The most significant isn’t relevant to this thread which is my Amazing Spider-Man #1 CGC 4.0. That’s the tops for me.

But now to the 3 top Golden age books of mine from 2020 that I never would’ve expected picking up...

419ACE75-0D77-4E76-B439-4511EF01474C.jpeg

All are nice but I've always wanted one of the classic Sandman covers. :luhv:

9 hours ago, Jayman said:

Thanks, I know what you mean. I have two myself from the original auction. Jon is probably laughing somewhere at us for coveting his books but they are a wonderful bit of this hobby’s history!

Marvel Tales # 100 CGC 6.0.JPG

Venus # 18 CGC 5.0.JPG

Those are two amazing copies!

That Venus :x

7 hours ago, Northwest said:

Sweet pre-Timely book. Predates H. comic cover appearances too. 

That's a great point! I've had a copy for a long time, and I knew H. was skulking about back there, but I never made the connection that it pre-dated (most if not all?) his comic cover appearances.  (thumbsu

On 12/1/2020 at 8:47 PM, sagii said:

@Cat-Man_America One of my favorite look forward to Threads of the year (the other is the annual San Diego CC Gathering which couldn't happen this year :$ ).

Also, the Holiday cheers me up AND my Birthday is in December, so i'm feeling optimistic.

Having been furloughed for a few months at the height of the first wave in NYC, my 'big' comic book buying was limited this year. I turned to Pulps (cheaper) to get my fix and also picked up some killer Looney Tunes pieces. I will wait to post the comics till after CC's auction ending later this month :wishluck:

I 'm kinda a showman, so will slow reveal also during the month, 5 items (3 comics, 1 pulp and a Looney Tunes item). 

(1 of 5) I'll start with probably my favorite Looney Tunes find this year and it's festive for now as well . I have seen this 50's Bugs Bunny Capitol Records record on eBay a few times over the years, but NEVER with it's original paper mailing sleeve/cover. A cool find on the icons 80th anniversary, #BugsBunny80

It's my intention to one day do a Thread spread out over the course of 3 months devoted entirely to my Looney Tunes collectibles. Will entail a lot of box diving in home and my parents home. Maybe next Summer,

Bugs Bunny Capital Records promo (w sleeve) 1945.jpg

Bring on the heat, Sagii!!