• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 collecting in the rear-view review (the good stuff)
8 8

212 posts in this topic

On 12/12/2020 at 10:54 AM, sagii said:

(4 of 5) Snagged this off of eBay during the height of the first wave lock down in NYC.  One of the longest waits ever on a package to arrive, that at one point i thought just chalk it up to a loss, it's probably on a palate in a corner waiting for the bug to 'die' on it and forgotten.

Didn't have too much in it, but wasn't cheap in comparison to what i usually pay on foreign editions. Getting issues from his series is TOUGH!!! With years on various watchlists , this is the only issue i have been able to snag. Maybe @AJD can chime in on data on the run and the character, but from what i've read, he was big deal on the Australian comics scene. VERY happy to own it :x

Captain Atom #34 (Australian).jpg

That’s COOL!!

5 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

This is probably my favorite comic pickup of 2020. Nice solid lower mid grade book but presents well with OW-White pages. Took me some time to finally land a copy of this so i’m real happy with it!  

0724D641-4333-44BD-9159-BD148C2548B5.jpeg

:applause:What a rare bird, Lev Gleason goodness! Nice one Gino! 

10 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Picked a bad time to catch up on this thread, as the photos aren’t loading currently. Let’s see if new ones do?  My three best(?) of the year. Keep smiling. 

D0775AED-7BCD-4669-98B4-40CF35D5784E.jpeg

Wow those Detectives look sooo good. I think I drooled over those two before. And I hope all the old photos reappear and aren't gone forever, that would be a terrible thing if they don't.

Its early on Christmas morning, the wife and kiddos are still asleep, and I finally have some "me" time to come on here and participate in this thread like I've been wanting to for weeks.  So, without further adieu, a pictorial representation of the great GA pick-ups I snagged in what was otherwise a forgettable year....

Exciting Comics # 66 CGC 8.5

Sweet Double Cover.  Not a fan of the page quality, but its a DC, and I needed it for my Exciting run.  I tried for the 9.6 that came along in one of the auctions late in the year, but that went a little too high for my taste. 

1608887601901201471343592074650.jpg

Combat Casey # 6 (# 1) CGC 9.0

Tough book, another eBay grab.  Didn't scratch as many Atlas War itches as I would've liked, but it serves me right for selling off all my high grade stuff years ago when it was still cheap.  Ah, if Santa could only bring me back some of the amazing stuff that has passed through my hands.  The lament of every collector....

16088881793863006570133519272255.jpg

Millie the Model Annual # 1 CGC 7.5 White.

I know its not technically a GA book, but damn it if it isn't a very tough book to find.  Besides, I bet a few of you can appreciate it.  I remember reading about this book back in the old Overstreet monthly, how it was the scarcest of the Marvel squarebounds.  Always wanted one, but when I did come across one at a show, and that was still a rare occurrence, it was always beat.  Fast forward to the Summer of this year, when scrolling through pages of all the same eBay drek, and what do I find in a Gary Dolgoff auction listing but this gem. Yeah, I'd love to have a 9.0+ copy, but this one will make do just fine for now.

16088885766041224468023604545112.jpg

Kid Komics # 7 CGC 8.5

Its a shame the Timely market has exploded to the point where I am having to collect Young Allies War covers because they are still relatively affordable, but thats the way the cookie crumbles.  As a collector, some times you have to take whats given to you.

1608888772425894546561893514244.jpg