• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Frankenstein #17 Staple Error
3 3

7 posts in this topic

So this copy has a staple error that I haven't seen on any other books. At least not in my experience, I'm sure its probably a common error. Looks like the book was not properly aligned when it was stapled. The book has no staples at all, but there are staple holes in the front cover about 3/4 inch from the spine. They only go through half the book. I'm wondering what kind of affect this would have on the grade if it does have any. Thanks for any input.

20201202_182202.jpg

20201202_182216.jpg

20201202_183827.jpg

20201202_183857.jpg

Polish_20201202_183926405.jpg

Hypothetically speaking...... what if you took some "age appropriate" staples and threaded them thru the holes?

I think it would get a 7.0 Blue label

Like this...... I see a 7.0 green label or a 5.0 blue label.

This is not a valuable comic so luckily it's not a huge dilemma.  What if this was a Hulk 181 though?  Yikes, what to do?

46 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Hypothetically speaking...... what if you took some "age appropriate" staples and threaded them thru the holes?

This is not a valuable comic so luckily it's not a huge dilemma.  What if this was a Hulk 181 though?  Yikes, what to do?

Yea, I wasn't looking to get it graded or anything so I wasnt very worried about it, just more interested on how something like that would affect a grade since I've never come across any other books with this issue.

If this was a Hulk 181, then it would definitely be an Ebay 1/1 worth tons more money.

Edited by kccoig14

On 12/3/2020 at 8:15 PM, gadzukes said:

Couldn’t have said it better.  Interesting ‘defect’...hm