• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Final Weekend Auction of 2020 Soft Ending Sun 8 PM with extended bidding
5 5

66 posts in this topic

Final Weekend Auction of 2020 Soft Ending Sun 8 PM with extended bidding

Anticipate being busy next few months so this will be final weekend auction of the calendar year, I hope to return in January with what will be an auction once a month.

This auction will be slightly different. The soft ending with extended bidding rules(as described below) will apply but I am going to:

1. Set lower BINs for each book; and

2)  From now til 8 PM Sunday, offer a few extra books that are less pricey that my typical auction books (and with low BINs).

There tends to be a significant lull between Friday night and Sunday night, so this might incentivize folks to check in to see what is offered.

Given the lower BINs, you might want to tune in at 8 PM Eastern Friday (tonight) as I roll out 4 books.  If some get BIN’d up quickly, I’ll add another book or 2.

Rules:

All books are returnable within 2 weeks of purchase for any reason. I try to give as many scans and pics to enable judgement of grade or detection of resto, but I have missed stuff before and this is not my day job so I have no problem with returns. Paypal, CK, or MO accepted. International buyers welcome if you can pay for shipping that includes tracking. If you are well known on the boards and international, your books will ship in a timely manner upon any form of payment. If you are international and unknown to me, you’ll either have to pay by CK or MO, or have a long-time ever-present boardie vouch for you directly to me.

Shipping costs are exact costs for US shipping however you want it shipped. Default shipping in US is USPS Priority mail Box. If you like, you can wait a week for the next auction to see if you win something else and combine shipping.  If shipping ends up being more than what you’re charged, I’ll refund the difference.

No bidders of ill-repute, yadda yadda yadda.

This auction will end 8 PM Eastern time Sunday night but bidding will be extended by 10 minutes for any bid coming in with time stamp of 7:59 (or earlier back to 7:50). Thereafter any additional bid extends the bidding another 10 minutes. Bids are valid up to and through 10 minutes after the last bid, e.g., if a bid comes in at 7:59 any bid with a time stamp of 8:09 or before is valid if it follows the $10 increment rule. If a book is subject to extended bidding and another bid comes in, say 8:05, the bidding then extends through 8:15. Please let me know if this requires additional clarity.

I will recap Sun night. I will set a BIN (this week, different for each book) to conform with what I believe are the rules. BIN persists throughout auction unless someone hits the BIN.

If two people make the exact same dollar bid and bidding ends at 8 PM, the first poster wins. Any winning bid needs to be $10 or more greater than prior top bid, otherwise it is not valid. 

Bidding can start as low as $1. Bid increments must be $10 minimum. That's for all books, even the cheaper ones.

To keep within the rules I will offer a book up now, and maybe one more before 8 PM.

Amazing Adult Fantasy #10 really nice remaindered copy.  Back cover and small bit of front attached to book. Pages nice.

BIN: $20

AAF 10 remain0002.jpg

AAF 10 remain0003.jpg

AAF 10 remain0001.jpg

Ok here's another pre-auction auction book. (remember you can bid on these)

Nova #1. 8.5 A few ncbc along spine tough to see, one within body of fc; maybe 2 have a small bit of color break, should press out to 9.4. BIN $70  SOLD TO echu

Nova 1 850001.jpg

Nova 1 850002.jpg

Edited by whomerjay

Ok, couldn't settle on anything really big so I found 6 not-so-budget-breaking books that should be popular. Again, if any get BIN's I'll try to add more books.

1. Batman #155 4.0 First SA Penguin.  Major flaw bringing down grade is the upper staple pop evident in front and interior scan. BIN: $250

2. Astonishing #25 CGC 4.0 PCH, GGA, Heath cover. No GPA report sales of this issue since 2015. Eleven copies total in census. BIN: $200

3. Sheena, Queen of the Jungle #9 CGC 6.0  BIN:$100 SOLD to ECDC

4. Thrilling Comics #53 5.5-6.0 Classic Schomburg cover. Diagonal crease going through the date stamp up to the bat, a few imprints within front cover probably tough to see in scan, small stain on several page on edge of book can be seen in interior pic.  No recent GPA sales, a VG-F raw recently sold for $248 on ebay.  BIN: $300 SOLD to SkOw

5. Giant-Size Spider-man #4 CGC 9.4 3rd Punisher BIN: $225

6. Amazing Spider-man #16 3.0 perhaps a tad better. Attached at both staples, everything fairly tight just wear on cover consistent with grade. BIN: $180 SOLD to gunsmokin

Added Saturday AM, see page 2 for pics:

7. Jungle Comics #129 CGC 7.5. Maurice Whitman. 5th in census although WP is a nice distinguisher. Only 12 total in census. Another old label book I am going to regret. GPA not much help here, only 2 sales in last 14 years with a 6.5 going for $192 in Jan 2019. BIN: $300

8. Crime Does Not Pay 45 CGC 7.0. Charles Biro. GGA and violence like most CDNP issues. CDNP, along with Boy Comics, are IMHO ridiculously cheap and among the best values in GA.  This particular issue is interesting; perhaps CGC will label future slabbings of this book “Bladerunner/Oscar Pistorius foreshadowing.” Only 14 copies total in census. BIN: $140

Edited by whomerjay

16 minutes ago, whomerjay said:

Ok here's another pre-auction auction book. (remember you can bid on these)

Nova #1. 8.5 A few ncbc along spine tough to see, one within body of fc; maybe 2 have a small bit of color break, should press out to 9.4. BIN $70

Nova 1 850001.jpg

Nova 1 850002.jpg

:takeit: