• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buzzetta's FOURTH Guess The Grade Contest - Ends 2020-12-12 at 12 Midnight EST
7 7

196 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, wilbil said:

it is a bit of a foreign concept, to me. i don't and have never graded from photos. it is not meant to offend. i was not expecting to see anything. i am interested in learning, for the sake of learning, how people grade from photos. i wanted to make certain i was understanding the evaluation aspect correctly.

Totally fine and I get it.  I have been lurking around coins to see what I can pick up.  It is very different from comic collecting in some aspects and completely different from concepts of collectability. preservation, and restoration of classic cars. 

thanks for understanding.

yes, comics collecting grading and evaluation is not a world i have previously been involved in.

i wanted to explore.  

btw, i will offer any assistance i can, in any numismatic pursuits, in the future. i have been told i know slightly more about that than comics.

i am looking forward to the results of this contest and the question/answer period to follow.

i will refrain from any other questions, or comments, so i don't disrupt the thread.

Why not just take a stab at the contest? . Best way to learn os to try it. Use the " Buddy can you spare a grade" forum to get your feet wet also.

Understand also that the pictures you have in this contest are meant for us to guess how much a grade might be changeable with cleaning and pressing services prior to the new grading. That is the truly tough part

6 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

Why not just take a stab at the contest? . Best way to learn os to try it. Use the " Buddy can you spare a grade" forum to get your feet wet also.

Understand also that the pictures you have in this contest are meant for us to guess how much a grade might be changeable with cleaning and pressing services prior to the new grading. That is the truly tough part

@wilbil It would be interesting to see how you do given the fact that you are 'fresh eyes' .  

On 12/9/2020 at 5:55 AM, comicdonna said:

People like statistics.  Check this out.

There's even a statistic on how many people like statistics and what kind.

On 12/9/2020 at 2:41 AM, RustyStaples said:

This looked like fun, thought I'd create an account to participate.

Comic A: 7

Comic B: 3

Comic C: 2.5

Comic D: 4.5

Comic E: 4.5

Comic F: 6.0

Comic G: 2.5

I notice my guesses are significantly below average, I guess I'm just an old school grader :D

Welcome to the boards. 

1 hour ago, kav said:

....till kav wins this thing.

Oh yeah... that's what people say all the time around here.

Every single time you post.

What a winner.

lol 

10 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Oh yeah... that's what people say all the time around here.

Every single time you post.

What a winner.

lol 

Prove it.