• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buzzetta's FOURTH Guess The Grade Contest - Ends 2020-12-12 at 12 Midnight EST
7 7

196 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:
2 hours ago, toro said:

Wow, looks like you got ripped off on the FF 48.  That book is way nicer then my 6.0

If the book continues to climb I might investigate the process for removing the tape.  I am guessing that is a CCS thing when it comes to that? There are no tears to the cover so I have no idea what purpose there is for the tape.  (shrug)

If it is due to the weak staple... then what are you going to do?   It's one of the better presenting copies in grade I guess. 

Edited 1 hour ago by Buzzetta

I would leave it alone.

Looks great for the grade and would sell for a premium.

Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Great contest.

28 minutes ago, Jesse-Lee said:

Thanks for doing this - I learned I'm probably too harsh of a grader (which I guess is better than too lenient...). Congrats to the winners!

In all honestly I learned maybe I should send some of my books to CGC, I'm a tough grader but I always thought CGC was tough too :D

This was a lot of fun to read. Great contest, Buzz. I don't enter because I'm the sort of insufficiently_thoughtful_person who would let their anxiety get out of control, and I'd think about it way too much, and I'd manage to make it not fun, because I'm a crazy person.

Congrats to @The Lions Den a class act all around. Boy, you really should consider getting a job grading books one day! ;)

4 hours ago, F For Fake said:

This was a lot of fun to read. Great contest, Buzz. I don't enter because I'm the sort of insufficiently_thoughtful_person who would let their anxiety get out of control, and I'd think about it way too much, and I'd manage to make it not fun, because I'm a crazy person.

Congrats to @The Lions Den a class act all around. Boy, you really should consider getting a job grading books one day! ;)

I am not worthy...  (worship)

Edited by The Lions Den

@Buzzetta

Thanks for the Contest, can't believe I forgot to post this, but better late than never!

Received my prize in early January ❤️ the lego is awesome! 

There was even a wookie thrown in for good measure!!

IMG_20210119_132343990.jpg

IMG_20210119_132720169.jpg