• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official 2020 CGC Chat Boards Holiday Gift showoff thread
7 7

119 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Turtle said:

After no updates since the 18th, there has been some movement over the weekend!  :banana:

It still says "in transit, arriving late" with no estimated delivery date, but there was an actual scan on January 2nd.  Progress!

It was scanned as "received" by the USPS on December 4th.  Today marks 1 month en route.  lol

Out for delivery! :whatthe:

15 hours ago, Turtle said:

IMG_5633.thumb.jpg.c8be50df2123e61b5417f2764321797f.jpg

Worth the wait!!!  :headbang:

I don't know...I might win this year for most thoughtful gift received.  For starters, my request was just anything related to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  Shirts, hats, pins, comics...whatever.  My Santa got me a comic featuring the best turtle (Donatello) on the cover and a pretty sweet TMNT-inspired pizza cookbook that my boys and I are going to have a good time eating our way through (I think Crazy Corn and Bodacious Bean Pizza is on going to be first). 

I also got a great enamel pin to add to my collection.  This one looks like a vintage pin done in the 80's style of the cartoon. 

Finally, the most thoughtful part came in the form of a cassette version of the original soundtrack for the 1990 live action movie...a cassette that I wore out in my youth.  Why this tape?  My Santa did a little investigating and came across this thread from May last year where someone was asking about a TMNT sticker that they found in a box of old stuff and wondered about the origin.  As soon as I saw the sticker, I knew that it was included with the cassette.  I recounted in the thread how I really liked the sticker but was coerced into giving it to my cousin for his birthday and how my heart broke a little when he peeled it off and stuck it to his shirt.  :cry:

My Santa read that post and made it his mission to reclaim a small piece of my childhood for me.  He went to several stores and eventually found the tape, but it was missing the sticker.  He found the sticker online to complete the set and righted a cosmic injustice nearly 3 decades old. 

This gift required both research and a fair amount of legwork.  It felt very personal and I found it to be incredibly thoughtful.  For that, I have @Wolverinex to thank.  What a cool, thoughtful gift!  I couldn't have asked for a better Santa!  Happy New Year to you and yours!  (worship)

IMG_5634.thumb.jpg.956f33bc536daf521d0bbed716a40535.jpg

I've already added the pin to my board.  It sits on my desk and I look at it often.  I'm sure Mikey is going to bring a smile to my face every time I see him.  Thanks again!

IMG_5635.thumb.jpg.a08a19df2a6d1eb248a95bd6750cde00.jpg

@TurtleThanks for sharing! This is the best time of the year on these boards! 

@WolverinexVery thoughtful & cool gifts!

Mercy @Turtle

That's a cool blessing @Wolverinex

I had him as my first go round with secret Santa and can't say that I was disappointed either. He's a friend and good people. Glad to hear th comarodary even after the new years :)

On 1/5/2021 at 10:05 PM, Turtle said:

IMG_5633.thumb.jpg.c8be50df2123e61b5417f2764321797f.jpg

Worth the wait!!!  :headbang:

I don't know...I might win this year for most thoughtful gift received.  For starters, my request was just anything related to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  Shirts, hats, pins, comics...whatever.  My Santa got me a comic featuring the best turtle (Donatello) on the cover and a pretty sweet TMNT-inspired pizza cookbook that my boys and I are going to have a good time eating our way through (I think Crazy Corn and Bodacious Bean Pizza is on going to be first). 

I also got a great enamel pin to add to my collection.  This one looks like a vintage pin done in the 80's style of the cartoon. 

Finally, the most thoughtful part came in the form of a cassette version of the original soundtrack for the 1990 live action movie...a cassette that I wore out in my youth.  Why this tape?  My Santa did a little investigating and came across this thread from May last year where someone was asking about a TMNT sticker that they found in a box of old stuff and wondered about the origin.  As soon as I saw the sticker, I knew that it was included with the cassette.  I recounted in the thread how I really liked the sticker but was coerced into giving it to my cousin for his birthday and how my heart broke a little when he peeled it off and stuck it to his shirt.  :cry:

My Santa read that post and made it his mission to reclaim a small piece of my childhood for me.  He went to several stores and eventually found the tape, but it was missing the sticker.  He found the sticker online to complete the set and righted a cosmic injustice nearly 3 decades old. 

This gift required both research and a fair amount of legwork.  It felt very personal and I found it to be incredibly thoughtful.  For that, I have @Wolverinex to thank.  What a cool, thoughtful gift!  I couldn't have asked for a better Santa!  Happy New Year to you and yours!  (worship)

IMG_5634.thumb.jpg.956f33bc536daf521d0bbed716a40535.jpg

I've already added the pin to my board.  It sits on my desk and I look at it often.  I'm sure Mikey is going to bring a smile to my face every time I see him.  Thanks again!

IMG_5635.thumb.jpg.a08a19df2a6d1eb248a95bd6750cde00.jpg

Wow!  Very cool and thoughtful @Wolverinex!  

Mine showed up at the beginning of the week but my slow ease back into work in the new year didn’t happen. Thanks to @the blob for some fun stuff. I’m really looking forward to reading the Hulk encyclopedia as he’s always been a favorite character but I’ve only just read books here or there. Have been wanting to start collecting runs of Hulk books. Really nice copy of Thor 339 for Beta Ray Bill, a great Sienkiewicz Moon Knight cover and some nice XMen related and other title for plenty of reading material to start the new year. This was my first year participating and I had a lot of fun on with the both the gift giving and receiving sides of things. 

B928AE49-41D2-4073-90B7-91F827988D94.jpeg

90A843BB-5AEE-4380-A194-51655FD02CEA.jpeg

1E5A6C8C-BF0D-4D87-828A-9FD186F4508F.jpeg

9 hours ago, Remyvt said:

Mine showed up at the beginning of the week but my slow ease back into work in the new year didn’t happen. Thanks to @the blob for some fun stuff. I’m really looking forward to reading the Hulk encyclopedia as he’s always been a favorite character but I’ve only just read books here or there. Have been wanting to start collecting runs of Hulk books. Really nice copy of Thor 339 for Beta Ray Bill, a great Sienkiewicz Moon Knight cover and some nice XMen related and other title for plenty of reading material to start the new year. This was my first year participating and I had a lot of fun on with the both the gift giving and receiving sides of things. 

B928AE49-41D2-4073-90B7-91F827988D94.jpeg

90A843BB-5AEE-4380-A194-51655FD02CEA.jpeg

1E5A6C8C-BF0D-4D87-828A-9FD186F4508F.jpeg

Sorry it took so long. I will confess there are a couple of re-gifts in there of things I already had, so you got the shrink wrapped ones.

33 minutes ago, Comics4All said:

Well, due to the sloth like USPS this year, I just received my gifts from @toro today!

Avengers 4 is one of my all  time favorite covers! The artist did a fantastic job on the recreation! 

The gifts were worth the wait! Thank you! 
:tink:

FFED0CA5-9087-4D3C-A8AF-778BA69E935E.jpeg

690E3157-FA28-4BC4-B0D3-0BBD965F2D52.jpeg

02B9A155-CE5F-4728-9185-457A55B67E5A.jpeg

B954251D-9162-4FD3-BC55-5CD3B1A4BD74.jpeg

D24C9E6B-0AFB-4DCC-9A5A-B00BDFD35098.jpeg

Wow! Beautiful. 😍