• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AUUGH

41 posts in this topic

That feeling you get when you see a book you once owned sell for $400+ more then you sold it for years ago.  Anyone else every see their old books sell for multiples of what they sold theirs for?  (Mine was the Blue Bolt #107 that just sold on C-Link)

Charlie Brown AAUGH! - Mycrom Art

Edited by toro

21 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

No real comics because I had a lot of 90s drek.

Mine was 20 shares of tesla i bought for very cheap and sold all when it hit 350...I think it hit 2000 and then spit 5 to 1...Ugh

I stink with stocks.  Years ago two big tech companies stocks crashed and were around $6.00 a share.  One company I saw going belly up when that happened, the other was the one I bought because they were in my opinion was the best networking company ever, so I bought Novell and passed on that junk stock Apple Computers.  :tonofbricks:

1 hour ago, toro said:

That feeling you get when you see a book you once owned sell for $400+ more then you sold it for years ago.  Anyone else every see their old books sell for multiples of what they sold theirs for?  (Mine was the Blue Bolt #107 that just sold on C-Link)

A few....it happens...best not to pay attention, you can't be fond of living in the past

2 hours ago, toro said:

How do you track your old books? 

8 hours ago, toro said:

What was the grade and final price? For some reason BB107 seems to be one of the more common numbers in the run. 

I sold an Avengers 8 for around $450 iirc in 8.0.  I had bought it the year before for $100 raw so I was pleased with the sale.  I would obviously be more pleased today but sometimes this stuff happens. I used the money to buy other things.

Think of the guy that bought a Tec 27 when it was first on the stands and traded it to his friend at school. Lol  

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

And he probably sold those pizzas a couple days later if you know what I mean

i just looked it up and it was actually 10,000 bit coins for the two pizzas , 

one bit coin is worth $19,000 today 

Hanyecz is known as the first person to use bitcoin in a commercial transaction. On May 22, 2010, when bitcoin was a little over a year old, he bought two pizzas for 10,000 BTC.

3 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

i just looked it up and it was actually 10,000 bit coins for the two pizzas , 

one bit coin is worth $19,000 today 

Hanyecz is known as the first person to use bitcoin in a commercial transaction. On May 22, 2010, when bitcoin was a little over a year old, he bought two pizzas for 10,000 BTC.

You know some might call him a colossal insufficiently_thoughtful_person, but I'm not so sure...and I'm not being a smart Alec, he had no idea how to predict the future...but I sure hope he asked for extra cheese!

i passed on a full unopened wax box of 1986 Fleer basketball cards in 1986 because they wanted $16 for it when Topps baseball

wax boxes at the same time were only $10

now even a wrapper is worth $15 and an unopened box is worth at least 25K 

the 1986 Topps basketball wax box value ?? about the same as it was back in 1986 - $12

Edited by 1950's war comics

So this here is a song I want you all to listen to...its beautiful and tragic at the same time....it's a story of David Milgaard who spent over 20 years in prison for a crime he didn't commit. And was eventually released, but the moral of the story is you can never reclaim a day or a decision and there is a verse in the song about "living" in the past and how if someone does then they aren't going to last. This verse is ambiguous for the prisoner, because his "past" is freedom, his "past" is good health and his present is "pain" and "decay" and as I said about its ambiguity is that the "released" prisoner can't help but live in the memories of incarceration.

We all make poor business decisions, but we take for granted the little things like food and shelter, but the most important thing which is the freedom to choose

Choose well my friends and live well

Forgive the transgressions of your enemies and cherish the moments you have with those closest to you, because it can all be gone in a instant

:tink:

Edited by Hollywood1892