• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sub-mariner 1 grade?
2 2

21 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

The only wild card is the upper left front cover area. The rest of the book is nice! Leaning at 6.5 and hoping it gets a 7.0.

Ever so close because it presents beautifully overall, but I can't see a 7.0 out of this with that top spine corner area. 

4 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Ever so close because it presents beautifully overall, but I can't see a 7.0 out of this with that top spine corner area. 

Right. I realistically am thinking 6.5 but the rest of the book is nice enough to perhaps push it to 7.0. I mean, I've seen some really messed up 9.4's. Will be interesting to find out.

Edited by Randall Ries

5 hours ago, Primetime said:

Way too much wear in the upper side box corner for me.  There was a time many years ago a FVF (7.0) was a very nice book. Not so much anymore. I have to go FN - (5.5) but cgc will likely say higher. Nice book though. 

I agree about the wear. 6.0 at best.

15 hours ago, Randall Ries said:

Right. I realistically am thinking 6.5 but the rest of the book is nice enough to perhaps push it to 7.0. I mean, I've seen some really messed up 9.4's. Will be interesting to find out.

I am interested also.  Hopefully I will get this back before Christmas...  I will be sure to post the results!!