• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Kingpin in animated series - Will he ever get his own TV series?

4 posts in this topic

Well, I'm a big Spider-Man fan and the Kingpin is one of my favorite characters. 😎

I've been going over my collection and Kingpin collectibles and decided to also look at the Kingpin in animated series (that's why I made the video).

Why is the Spider-Woman Kingpin so different?  That's my least favorite design and "personality".  Maybe it's just my impression. 🙄đŸ˜Č  The 1967 and 1981 are my favorites.😁

Hope you enjoy it 👍

below: 1979 Spider-Woman Series

2-1979-pic-3.thumb.JPG.bd58c4894397ae36a0ef9e047ff26f42.JPG

Below: 1967 Spider-Man series

1-1967-pic-3.thumb.JPG.c7b36e6f313fbaacb325fde2a402d54d.JPG

Below: 1981 Spider-Man series

3-1981-pic-4.thumb.JPG.abc1c7babf510de4f4f987c59d333401.JPG

Below: 1994 Spider-Man Animated series

5-1994-pic1.JPG.34c67bb5b47175ff8d8d6ba40356abd8.JPG

Below: 2003 Spider-Man New Animated Series (MTV Spider-Man)

5-1994-pic-4.thumb.JPG.508d979c0b7e21049cf5396f34690879.JPG

After watching the animated series and the Netflix Daredevil series I really think that the Kingpin would be great on his own (live action) TV series.  đŸ’„đŸ‘ To me the Kingpin character/story was a big factor for the Netflix series success 😊

From all Spider-Man/Marvel villain, he seem to be one of the best to have his own TV series. no?

I couldn’t see them doing a live action based on him being a villain since they’d have to have a “yin to his yang” so a hero would have to be a part of most if not all story arcs. Just one would be tantamount to naming the show after the hero like “Daredevil”. I don’t think they’d want to invest that much into different actors playing a new hero considering who and the amount of his adversaries they could write storylines for. Maybe for a tv mini series but an ongoing show would need a considerable budget imo.

The Kingpin isn't really that interesting a character, made more so originally by his involvement with Frank Miller's version of Daredevil than his formulaic ASM appearances.  Those stories worked because of Miller's Mickey Spillane style of crime noir dialogue, but I wouldn't want a full season with that droning on incessantly.  Basically, it'd be a gang drama with a limited number of super-hero antagonists, with the tedium of Batwoman.  His involvement in the Daredevil TV series as a supporting character was quite enough.

Edited by Ken Aldred

You have some good points.  I don't know, maybe I'm just looking too much into it.    The reason I mentioned it is that I thought he would actually be good even without a "super-hero". đŸ€”Â  It couldn't be an animated series, but a live action/crime series would be cool.  I don't think you always have to have a super-hero and a lot of explosions in the story...  birds of pray was really bad, and joker was pretty interesting (I know they are not series).

Maybe some super-hero cameos, but more like a crime/mafia drama; not exactly like sopranos/godfather, but his own series with him still being a bad guy but also going against other crime bosses and criminals.

Well, maybe they can just bring back Daredevil and Punisher 😁👍

Edited by Cool & Collected