• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Massive Postal Delays
7 7

360 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, miraclemet said:

man this week is a mess.. I have packages coming from multiple ebay sellers and DCBS and while slow is totally understandable... all three are in a bit of limbo, which is weird. 

West Virginia, California and Illinois all three scanned and are being processed at their drop off point, but havent shown any movement since.. Earliest got dropped off on the 3rd, most recent on the 7th. Im guessing they're going thru the system and just not getting scanned along the way anymore? Now its scan it when it goes in the system and scan it when it comes out? What a joke. 

I have roughly 20 incoming and outgoing right now--most of which have not had an update since November 30 or December 1.  I have a couple incoming packages that were scanned at the biggest post office in the area (about 30 miles from here) on December 1st and 2nd.  Usually that means I'll get them the next day.  Week and a half later, no additional updates.  Also have one package that was dropped off and it said accepted by USPS, then went to a different city, then the status changed back to USPS awaiting item.  Buyer's freaking out, of course.

Edited by Poekaymon

Christmas delays, Covid, etc etc.

Expect disastrous delays. lol

I ship using overnight courier sometimes and I've had 2 shipments delayed in 2 days. The reason? Large volume slowing things down.

Just factor that in whenever you ship something regardless of the carrier.

3 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Christmas delays, Covid, etc etc.

Expect disastrous delays. lol

I ship using overnight courier sometimes and I've had 2 shipments delayed in 2 days. The reason? Large volume slowing things down.

Just factor that in whenever you ship something regardless of the carrier.

It’s been like that for awhile now - I shipped something out august and for the first time ever it disappeared off the map for a week and a half , then status became “ arriving late “ I called and left multiple messages and it eventually got back on track and to it’s final destination , but I was sweating ....

Just now, Old_Man_Adam said:

It’s been like that for awhile now - I shipped something out august and for the first time ever it disappeared off the map for a week and a half , then status became “ arriving late “ I called and left multiple messages and it eventually got back on track and to it’s final destination , but I was sweating ....

Couriers were relatively reliable for me until Christmas hit.

But the postal service has been delayed since the start of the pandemic.

Thankfully, they are still reasonably reliable. I had a package go missing for 3 months and it still turned up eventually. lol

Just now, VintageComics said:

Couriers were relatively reliable for me until Christmas hit.

But the postal service has been delayed since the start of the pandemic.

Thankfully, they are still reasonably reliable. I had a package go missing for 3 months and it still turned up eventually. lol

Jeez - the buyer must’ve had no fingernails left 

Just now, Old_Man_Adam said:

Jeez - the buyer must’ve had no fingernails left 

He was very reasonable.

His office was shut down due to a Covid breakout so it couldn't be delivered and what was worse was there were mixed messages as to what happened to the package. Tracking said it was at his local PO but a hand written note said it was returned to me, the sender.

After 3 months we were ready to call it a loss and the receiver even offered to cover some of the loss (God bless him, you don't run into people like that anymore) and then one day it just turned up back at my PO Box.

It's in his hands now but it was a very nerve wracking 3 months.

1 minute ago, VintageComics said:

He was very reasonable.

His office was shut down due to a Covid breakout so it couldn't be delivered and what was worse was there were mixed messages as to what happened to the package. Tracking said it was at his local PO but a hand written note said it was returned to me, the sender.

After 3 months we were ready to call it a loss and the receiver even offered to cover some of the loss (God bless him, you don't run into people like that anymore) and then one day it just turned up back at my PO Box.

It's in his hands now but it was a very nerve wracking 3 months.

Solid dude for sure ... that’s the problem I had , different statuses on the USPS website from the text alerts I was receiving ... talk about a govt funded organization going downhill - I try to use USPS as often as I can but the chain of command incompetence is getting to me 

Same here. I dropped off 27 packages on 11/29. All have been delivered except two. One was just updated from my local post office "in possession of item" to actually arriving at a different post office (albeit Atlanta 120 miles away) on 12/9. One is still just "in possession". Brutal and hard to explain to buyers who bought with a deadline. 

Edited by Hey Kids, Comics!

12 hours ago, Warlord said:

I shipped a package on Dec 4th and it hasn't even been scanned in at the USPS yet.   My postal carrier simply shared that it's been "delayed at the plant".  doh!

Ditto, about 1/3 of my packages I dropped off on Tuesday haven't been scanned in yet, the rest are floating around the country. Somehow a package got misdirected going from Brooklyn and Queens. Quite literally the distance of a pleasant bike ride. A $250 item, so I am a bit stressed, but I actually spoke to a fraud person and she put my mind at ease that it had just temporarily got off track and was en route again. The tracking note made it sound like someone had put in a fake forwarding request on the buyer and the package was going to another part of the county.

CGC mailed a shipment to me via US Postal Service Certified Mail on December 3, 2020, eights days ago as of today, December 11. On December 8 it departed the USPS sorting facility for my local US Post Office. I expect delivery on Monday, December 14 as shipments from CGC have, I believe, always taken 10 days to reach me, not counting Sunday, December 13 in this instant.

I sent some dvds to a buddy who lives 50 miles away from me on 12/02. Still hasn't arrived. I should have just drove them over. And a Priority Mail package mailed the same day still hasn't landed where it should as of today.

Talked to our mail carrier and she said one day the truck bringing mail to the local PO never showed up, which explains why there was no mail.

I'm keeping a close eye on any bills that we mailed a check out for this month. Even with allowing for ten days, this month it may not make it in time.

Edited by evilskip

I have mailed over 1500 USPS packages this year.  Not a single problem besides some late delivery from covid internationally and people not having the common sense to understand that is a 1st world problem and relax.

UPS I will say has let me down a little bit on 2 high value packages that had signature delivery where they just left them by my mailbox on the street where anyone can steal them in 2 seconds.  Since even before covid I work from home so usually I meet them on route (I have 2 drivers cell numbers) at their trucks but those packages were sub-drivers so I couldnt. 

Ironically I feel more safe with UPS ground than USPS Registered Mail.  At least with UPS ground you can literally watch track your driver's progress daily, while RM is not that easy.  Plus USPS RM lost one of my CGC packages before (well actually internally stolen at the FL HUB) so there is that lol.  I always correct any USPS postal worker when they say have not lost a Registered Mail package.

Listen at the end of the day any delivery service you use you are taking a risk.  When an item leaves your hands and you depend on someone else delivering it there is always risk.  So insure or deliver it personally and call it a day.

I do not deal through the mail generally in Dec. This year is exceptional though for two big reasons. The volume of parcels is pretty over whelming for carriers. 

I had a “buy it now” on the bay that I forgot about. Somebody hit it. But it was a heavy set of books. I contacted the buyer about possibly waiting to hold off until after the holidays but he didn’t want to wait. So it went out Media Mail (fully insured). I hope we don’t have a problem...

Oh, when I got to the post office, the line was out the door with one clerk. None of the usual clerks I know were there. 

I don’t intend to go back there until after the holidays. 

I've seen a slowdown through USPS, but nothing terrible and nothing lost. 

I've had 2 UPS packages sent to me, both were quite valuable.  I tried to redirect one to be held at the store, they left it on my front porch without a signature.  The second was forgotten in customs for a week until I called them and asked them to find it. That was supposed to be overnighted.  

FedEx, I've seen a delay of roughly an additional day, nothing lost. 

I made sure to do all my online shopping before Black Friday. UPS has been delivering packages to wrong apartments buildings this week. I haven’t been buying any collectibles so no worries on incoming packages at this point. Just odds and ends from Amazon and they just opened a warehouse nearby so sometimes it comes directly by Amazon delivery truck.

On 12/10/2020 at 8:17 PM, Warlord said:

I shipped a package on Dec 4th and it hasn't even been scanned in at the USPS yet.   My postal carrier simply shared that it's been "delayed at the plant".  doh!

It's alive!   Today, eleven days later, the USPS updated it to "accepted"!  And provided an estimate of getting it delivered in another 4 days. :$

I have been waiting on a package that is only traveling across NJ. If this package were to magically grow legs and a sense of direction it would make its way to me faster. And not adult size legs. Just tiny legs size appropriate for a few comics.