• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Massive Postal Delays
7 7

360 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Pat Thomas said:

Not adding any new insight or anything here, but I've got to vent. I primarily am a buyer, but I also sell to mycomicshop a couple of times a month, and it's usually a couple of longboxes per order. Right now, a longbox I dropped off the week after Thanksgiving has just vanished. 

If it's worth more than $20, wait to watch them scan it and give you a receipt.

4 minutes ago, Poekaymon said:

If it's worth more than $20, wait to watch them scan it and give you a receipt.

You are correct. Of course, that pretty much defeats the purpose of pre-printing my labels for convenient drop-off at USPS without standing in line, or leaving at UPS Store for pickup. Worked just fine for me for years, and then it didn't. Why offer the "conveniences" if their employees can't be depended upon to do their part?

I "finally" got a few packages that were supposed to arrive many days ago from USPS.  Packages shipped from sellers on 12/2 got to my home today..I guess by all of what I'm reading here, I should consider myself fortunate I at least got my packages safe and sound.  I guess "most" of this is due to Covid? ...but some has to be the new procedures in place I think.  
I don't know but I've never seen all these massive delays before from USPS until now.  What a mess. 

Edited by musicmeta

On 12/17/2020 at 11:28 PM, www.alexgross.com said:

anyone who ships w usps should have their head examined this year. i spent some coin to ship my holiday gift exchange pkg to canada via dhl so it would actually get there. now i am waiting on a number of things sent to me by usps that i am skeptical will ever arrive at all, including whatever my secret santa sent to me.  its a pathetic statement about the state of our nation that the postal service can be this awful. 

Yes,  USPS is pretty bad now..Hopefully shipping/delivering gets back to "closer" to normal once the Holidays are over with...We hope anyway.  

9 hours ago, musicmeta said:

I "finally" got a few packages that were supposed to arrive many days ago from USPS.  Packages shipped from sellers on 12/2 got to my home today..I guess by all of what I'm reading here, I should consider myself fortunate I at least got my packages safe and sound.  I guess "most" of this is due to Covid? ...but some has to be
I don't know but I've never seen all these massive delays before from USPS until now.  What a mess. 

Careful -- one of the mods (cgcmod1) flagged me and gave me a warning as being a political post for posting a picture of this person and blaming him for all the recent trouble. I never mentioned any political party but someone got their panties in a bunch and humped the button. It is pretty ridiculous that you are CENSORED for such a minor thing like having a general opinion on something.

Edited by 01TheDude

4 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

Careful -- one of the mods (cgcmod1) flagged me and gave me a warning as being a political post for posting a picture of this person and blaming him for all the recent trouble. I never mentioned any political party but someone got their panties in a bunch and humped the button. It is pretty ridiculous that you are CENSORED for such a minor thing like having a general opinion on something.

Ahh!...good point.  I'll edit the post then.

I hate to brag, but I sold something on EBay Saturday morning and shipped it 2 Day Priority.  It was delivered in Miami today, 50 hours later.  :whatthe:  I feel like I won the lottery!

Of course, everything else is late, so I'll be back to person_without_enough_empathyin' 'em out tomorrow.  :bigsmile:

1 hour ago, Dr Zen said:

I'm still waiting on this package. It's traveled 23 miles in 21 days. 

Untitled.jpg

How could anybody even defend this? There is no excuse for the frequency of it happening either. Private businesses that perform this badly go out of business quickly. Why is the US Government held to such low standards, and why hasn't it improved? 

I have media mail packages sitting places since the 15th, but priority mail still gets to me super fast. I had a priority package travel across the entire country almost and it got to me in three days. ordered it last thursday, got it today

The delays don’t bother me too much. Actually I have a lot of sympathy and respect for postal, Fedx and Amazon workers nowadays. They are keeping this country alive now!!! I cringe at the thought of COVID happening 10 years ago or more. We’d be a lot worse off then we are now if it did!

4 hours ago, Pat Thomas said:

How could anybody even defend this? There is no excuse for the frequency of it happening either. Private businesses that perform this badly go out of business quickly. Why is the US Government held to such low standards, and why hasn't it improved? 

Seriously?

Crud - has the post office stopped scanning in packages?  I've got a batch of buyers whos packages all shipped out the same time are complaining about not seeing delivery info.  It's bad enough the packages are late but they need to at least scan them in.

The last of my gifts arrived in time for a Christmas exchange with my sister and her kids in the garage last night. My last SS package is looking set to arrive before Friday. I've gotten lucky. 

The UPS truck I'm a helper on has gotten lighter all week, Saturday we finished our 110 stops by 2pm and we were helping other drivers by taking stops. I can't explain it. I've heard that helpers are staying on thru mid-January. :wishluck:

22 hours ago, Pat Thomas said:

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Crud - has the post office stopped scanning in packages?  I've got a batch of buyers whos packages all shipped out the same time are complaining about not seeing delivery info.  It's bad enough the packages are late but they need to at least scan them in.

yep, for about 1/3 of the packages I mailed out a couple of weeks ago on the board sale there was a significant delay in even the initial scan, including your's, i think. this has happened to me before not during the holidays or covid though, but it might be one package out of 20, not 7 out of a batch of 20.