• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Massive Postal Delays
7 7

360 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

Just printed this label. Item going to Ashburn, Virginia, from my house. Estimated delivery date for USPS Priority Mail January 7. If I left now, I could drop it off by 1, have lunch, and be back at my house before dark. Walking.

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 9.30.46 AM.png

Give it a try! 

Just dropped packages off at the post office watching someone rant and rave about their Christmas cookies being stuck in the mail holding the postal clerk behind the counter as individually responsible for this heinous action claiming everyone who dropped a package off should be reimbursed.  

So, I leaned on the table behind this person like that Willy Wonka Meme and just stared at them until they got uncomfortable and left.   That was fun.   Laughed about it with the postal clerk and wished the postal clerk a Happy New Year. 

People are jerk face . 

Seems that the big holdup is at the Maryland hub or that area in general.  All of my other packages, even some coming from California have made it to me.  Anything that passed through Maryland has entered what I am referring to as Postal Purgatory.  Once it enters Maryland it stays in Maryland.  

Why do I make mention of this?

Because packages passing between New York and Florida seem to be getting stuck in Maryland... so think carefully about sending anything to CGC right now. 

On 12/21/2020 at 6:40 PM, Dr Zen said:

I'm still waiting on this package. It's traveled 23 miles in 21 days. 

Just to put a period at the end of this sentence, it finally arrived yesterday. Everything was in good shape. Fortunately it wasn't something key. Just some cool Marvel Team Ups.

Edited by Dr Zen

3 items I ordered on December 12th, and still in limbo. I don't want to ask for refunds, as these delays aren't the sellers fault, but I'm beginning to doubt I'll ever see these parcels.

Was running errands and needed to drop a couple of Christmas Cards in the drop box at the P.O. ... It was full all the way up the chute with a few having fallen out to the ground. I've never seen it like that in my entire life. I stopped shipping packages a couple weeks ago, but have had a few purchases show up with only a day or so delay. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

5 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I had my first ebayer open a case on me in years over his book. He knows its delayed, but wanted
to cover himself. I cant blame him and its very frustrating as I have no less then 8 or 9 packages now
tied up in USPS red tape.

What's this do to your Ebay status? Does it ding you somehow? Will other buyers be able to tell you had this done? Really curious.

29 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Stuff I sent this week has already been delivered. Stuff I sent a month ago has been stuck in the void for weeks. 

I have incoming packages approximately 12 or so that are now a month into their journey and no closer to being delivered. Their status' just say in transit arriving late and have for a month. I do see that stuff shipped last week is close to being delivered and moved through quickly. I have this picture in my mind of a the Indiana Jones warehouse but just full of packages. warehouse.thumb.jpg.3b81e06d5e73d1b7a0bc8e6f213e04ca.jpg

20 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I have lots of undelivered packages floating around out there but these are my two worst at the moment. First one is Priority, second is first class.

7902AD50-7A46-4BE2-A7BC-1CF75E5889B3.png

0C5349E1-ABC3-4E2B-91B9-21A3D796F058.png

I have 2 that hit that facility in Detroit and have not updated since. I also see that anything I have that is coming through Georgia is also stuck in limbo. 

11 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I had my first ebayer open a case on me in years over his book. He knows its delayed, but wanted
to cover himself. I cant blame him and its very frustrating as I have no less then 8 or 9 packages now

I just had a case opened 10 minutes ago. Item was won on 12/22. Shipped 12/23 to South Carolina. Is in Florida distribution center as of the 26th and they have requested a refund via Ebay. Any idea how Ebay is handling these types of situations? I know it will arrive I mean unless you live under a rock you know mail is severely delayed. 

5 hours ago, Gaard said:

What's this do to your Ebay status? Does it ding you somehow? Will other buyers be able to tell you had this done? Really curious.

Not yet the buyer is only filing and keeping it open until the package arrives. If he proceeds then yes it will hurt my rating a little.
I am 5 star seller across the board with 100% Positive Feedback so it will be minimal.

16 minutes ago, X_Phile said:

I just had a case opened 10 minutes ago. Item was won on 12/22. Shipped 12/23 to South Carolina. Is in Florida distribution center as of the 26th and they have requested a refund via Ebay. Any idea how Ebay is handling these types of situations? I know it will arrive I mean unless you live under a rock you know mail is severely delayed. 

Opening a case in under a week during Christmas season is a little ridiculous. I am sure ebay will take this into
consideration. 

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Some sellers years ago said something to me that applies here. 

There are two ways I pack comics. One for Nov to Jan and another for the rest of the year.

Yeah, it is crazy how delayed things are for sure. I have been doing this a while and have never seen something like this. Hard to expect anything on time and Ebay, the Postal service and pretty much all sellers of goods have warnings of the delays all over their sites. Not sure how you are upset at not receiving a package in a week.  

15 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

IT IS RISEN!!!!

usps.JPG.1559226b371e3586f3ca375d94bf710c.JPG

I dont know what it's done for the last month, maybe it just needed some "me" time. 

I've been to Gaithersburg. Your package probably had a relatively good time. There's a nice Cheesecake Factory up there.