• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Massive Postal Delays
7 7

360 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

I've been to Gaithersburg. Your package probably had a relatively good time. There's a nice Cheesecake Factory up there.

Its where i live!

So this thing dissappeared for a month after its scan in CA after the drop of from the seller, and then magically reappeared at my local PO and will probably be on a truck for delivery tomorrow. No scans in between, nothing. No regional distribution hubs. Super weird.

44 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

I've been to Gaithersburg. Your package probably had a relatively good time. There's a nice Cheesecake Factory up there.

Does it have big portions, as Toon Tumbler Paul always complains about the portions at the one in San Diego. 

16 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

Isn't that the whole point of the Cheesecake Factory - that the portions are the size for a family of four?

Yes, but Paul complains about everything but I do agree with his assessment of the San Diego location by the convention centre. 

18 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

Its where i live!

So this thing dissappeared for a month after its scan in CA after the drop of from the seller, and then magically reappeared at my local PO and will probably be on a truck for delivery tomorrow. No scans in between, nothing. No regional distribution hubs. Super weird.

Yeah, I have seen that regularly during this mess. I guess they are just pushing through the system and not taking time to scan as it moves through the process. This is what causes anxiety with some as you see it get to a certain point then nothing for 2 weeks then a scan from across the country. I actually had two packages I was waiting on get acceptance scans, then nothing for almost three weeks. I then get a text notification it was delivered in my mailbox, and boom it has arrived. Maybe the postal system is beta testing a new mail transporter system similar to Star Trek.  

Postal Delays?  I guess now is the time to throw anything and hope it sticks to the wall. 

This Lego set retails for $100 and is a shared exclusive between Target and Lego.com. When I saw it on eBay for $75 I made an offer for $70 and said, "Why not?"    After the seller accepted I noticed that it would ship FIRST CLASS.  I figured that the seller would figure it out on his end like I have had to when I make a mistake.  NOPE... this seller went all in.

This guy sent a lego set that itself weighs 3lbs and boxed around 4 via First Class 3oz. 

He sent it on 12/26 and it just arrived today.  Not bad for a 4lb package sent First Class. :facepalm:

IMG_1212.jpeg

IMG_1213.jpeg

Edited by Buzzetta

On Tuesday, we did not even get our mail delivery! No snow on the ground here in California to blame.

I also gave two Priority Mail boxes to the carrier last week and they still have not shown up in the USPS tracking system!

Awful!  :censored:

I talked to my neighbor the other day who is a rural route carrier. He said he been doing sunday package only runs and also filling his car with the max he can fit and then meeting his poster master half way in the day to fill back up. It's been a crazy year for him.

19 minutes ago, unclezebo said:

I talked to my neighbor the other day who is a rural route carrier. He said he been doing sunday package only runs and also filling his car with the max he can fit and then meeting his poster master half way in the day to fill back up. It's been a crazy year for him.

We were getting several deliveries per day for quite a few days. Package only delivery in the morning by one carrier, then more packages and the regular mail in the afternoon.

I talk to our regular carrier a couple times per week (I used to weight lift with her) and she has been run ragged for about a month now. More so than usual, as they have trouble hiring route carriers here. I think at one time she told me she walks 15 miles a day - it is brutal work.

How much time are you giving ebay packages to arrive before you file with ebay? While I understand the situation and have had packages take three weeks to arrive, I want to protect myself. My last remaining purchase was mailed on the 14th, hit the NYC hub on the 18th and there has been no movement since. (Of course it was sent media mail).

Since it has been three weeks, I'm thinking of filing at some point this week.

I mailed something from NY going to Maryland on 12/8.

You would think it was taking a world tour. After being IN Maryland for weeks, it's now in Washington DC. I did fill out one of the complaint forms a week ago, the ones you are supposed to hear back from in 48 hours, maybe that's why they moved it from Maryland to Washington?

January 4, 2021, 2:51 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
WASHINGTON DC NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
Your item arrived at our WASHINGTON DC NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER destination facility on January 4, 2021 at 2:51 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

December 21, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility

December 17, 2020, 11:30 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
DISTRICT HEIGHTS, MD 20747 

December 16, 2020, 4:15 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
NORTHWEST ROCHESTER NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

December 13, 2020, 6:15 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

December 13, 2020, 4:26 am
SYRACUSE NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

December 10, 2020, 4:22 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility

December 8, 2020, 3:49 pm
USPS picked up item
MECHANICVILLE, NY 12118 

December 8, 2020, 12:45 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
MECHANICVILLE, NY 12118 

December 8, 2020
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

2 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I mailed something from NY going to Maryland on 12/8.

You would think it was taking a world tour. After being IN Maryland for weeks, it's now in Washington DC. I did fill out one of the complaint forms a week ago, the ones you are supposed to hear back from in 48 hours, maybe that's why they moved it from Maryland to Washington?

January 4, 2021, 2:51 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
WASHINGTON DC NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
Your item arrived at our WASHINGTON DC NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER destination facility on January 4, 2021 at 2:51 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

December 21, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility

December 17, 2020, 11:30 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
DISTRICT HEIGHTS, MD 20747 

December 16, 2020, 4:15 am

December 13, 2020, 6:15 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

December 13, 2020, 4:26 am

December 10, 2020, 4:22 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility

December 8, 2020, 3:49 pm
USPS picked up item
MECHANICVILLE, NY 12118 

December 8, 2020, 12:45 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
MECHANICVILLE, NY 12118 

December 8, 2020
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

Everything is delayed going through Maryland right now.  I just finished with work and opened my door to find my order delivered from Greg Reece.  That order was shipped on December 14th. 

Edited by Buzzetta

3 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

I am always amazed at how hard our postal workers and other delivery people work. I think the world of them.

If I am not mistaken, I thought one of the issues with this year as opposed to previous holiday seasons had to do with them restricting heavily the use of over time. I think we know how that occurred but I rather not have to deal with yet another strike for mentioning the ridiculousness of that situation.

I agree totally, it's a hard, taxing and possibly boring job and I applaud them. I think people yell at them a lot, too, which they should not. Of course there are some bad apples as there are everywhere, but it's not most people.

Someone called me a little while ago, asked for "Sharon" like we were old friends. It was the person who was supposed to call a week ago. She was very nice (poor person) said that the Central Station in Southern Maryland usually has 200-250 workers, and because of the virus, there were only 45 the past few weeks.

It's too late to be timely now, it was Holiday related, but supposedly it will be delivered tomorrow.

Now if they just find my boots before Spring...:wishluck:

4 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

I am always amazed at how hard our postal workers and other delivery people work. I think the world of them.

If I am not mistaken, I thought one of the issues with this year as opposed to previous holiday seasons had to do with them restricting heavily the use of over time. I think we know how that occurred but I rather not have to deal with yet another strike for mentioning the ridiculousness of that situation.

From the news coverage I've seen, any crackdown on OT was at local management's discretion, it wasn't directed from the top-down.   Even then, OT was being approved when deemed necessary.   I'd be surprised if anyone seriously made a case that USPS workers haven't been putting in lots of OT for the past couple of months to (attempt to) keep up with their historic volume of packages.