• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Massive Postal Delays
7 7

360 posts in this topic

On 1/6/2021 at 6:13 AM, Sferg said:

I am really starting to like UPS. I know there are horror stories from there, like everywhere, but they are well above 90% reliability with me. This was just sent with standard 9.99 shipping and it got there in a day. 

Screenshot_20210106-070934_Mercari.jpg

I know, right? I've had a little of both this season. I had two lots arrive just two days after dropping them off at the post office. Super quick! On the flipside, I had one bound for NJ, I'm in TX, sit in NJ's hub for maybe two weeks before finally going out for delivery. Also had one bound for Louisiana go to Memphis and then back to Dallas before going to Louisiana. 

Right now I'm dealing with grief from buyers! One bought two lots within a day of each other. He paid for the first one right away, but has yet to pay for the second. I'd like to ship them together since I offer free shipping. It's only been a few days, what do you guys find is a normal turnaround from clicking to BIN and actually paying for an item? I guess I should stop sounding cheap and just ship the first one ahead of the second.

In other news, I received a notice from eBay today that there is a hold on payment for a listing that the buyer opened a claim on because it hasn't been delivered yet. This buyer paid me on December 29th. I shipped on the 30th. Eight days later and he's opening a claim because he hasn't received his books? I think I'm just sore that he contacted eBay instead of just hitting me up for a progress check. Can buyers not see the tracking information on their end? If not, wow! I'm sending that info to each buyer as soon as I ship from now on. 

What is the appropriate amount of time given the situation to contact the seller?  I have not seen any movement in almost a month. I am understanding but at a point I have to protect my interests. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 3.24.04 PM.png

Edited by Buzzetta

5 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

What is the appropriate amount of time given the situation to contact the seller?  I have not seen any movement in almost a month. I am understanding but at a point I have to protect my interests. 

You have way more patience than I do. I usually give it two weeks at most. Never hurts to reach out and start a dialog. 

18 hours ago, classicaaron said:

I wonder what their excuse is now for the delays. I have had comics sitting since dec 22 and have been waiting for just paychecks and bills as well that are over a week late. Way past the holiday rush and they cant even move standard mail. They are beyond a joke at this point

My postmistress tells me everyone is stuck at home, spending their stimulus checks on mail-order loot. She's still working 6 days a week, and all the part-time employees are working full-time.

45 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Maryland is a mess. I have two items I am waiting and both stuck in MD for a month. 

20 minutes ago, X_Phile said:
1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

Expand  

Maryland is a mess. I have two items I am waiting and both stuck in MD for a month. 

I received two letters yesterday from WA DC - one was postmarked 12/6 and the other was 12/13

I've had one package leave December 20th from NJ to south Florida arrive fairly seamless. Another from Philadelphia left a couple of days later I won't be seeing for some time. Its stuck in Arkansas. Both priority mail. Latest one from Tampa I thought shouldn't have too much trouble being in south FL...next thing I know it's in Atlanta Georgia O.o

On 1/8/2021 at 3:24 PM, Buzzetta said:

Have you tried opening an inquiry? You can do it on the website. 

USPS may be catching up just a little bit.  I've received several packages mailed within the last two weeks, most arriving within 3-4 days.  Of course the longest delayed item I'm still waiting on is a package that shipped on Dec 15th that's still trying to find it's way here.  Tracking shows that it arrived in town a couple days ago, they just haven't been able to manage the last few miles yet.  :frustrated:

5 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:
On 1/8/2021 at 1:07 PM, lizards2 said:

My postmistress tells me everyone is stuck at home, spending their stimulus checks on mail-order loot. She's still working 6 days a week, and all the part-time employees are working full-time.

I've never heard anyone describe a mail carrier that way.

Are you two, you know, involved?

Nope - just friends - we used to weight lift together for many, many years. Interesting - I was in Labor Relations for the Feds, and she is a Union Steward for the USPS, so we had lots to talk about on the work front.

Additionally, she knows what is in all my packages, and takes care of them for me.  When I'm at home, I end up talking with her several times a week.

I usually refer to her as my femailman, ala the Simpsons.

Yaaaay

Received... Seller actually used multiple layers of cardboard that was bigger than the book and secured it to that cardboard... thus... the book survived for a month in transit.

I never reached out to the seller before the book arrived.  Glad I did not if the book arrived a couple of days after I was thinking of doing it.    However upon receiving the book, I did reach out and thank him for packing it the way he did.  I was thanked for showing patience as he himself is waiting for things shipped to him over a month ago. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 1/6/2021 at 9:30 PM, lizards2 said:
On 1/6/2021 at 9:28 PM, jimjum12 said:

I wonder the same thing. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I know she had some kind of limiting accident, then posted a bit, and I think disappeared. We used to trade books and PMs quite a bit. 

I thought she passed away after the accident; it was a head injury IIRC. Her ebay account was deactivated and I seem to recall her husband posting a notice on the Boards; I might be misremembering though.

1 hour ago, Pontoon said:
On 1/6/2021 at 6:30 PM, lizards2 said:
On 1/6/2021 at 6:28 PM, jimjum12 said:

I wonder the same thing. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I know she had some kind of limiting accident, then posted a bit, and I think disappeared. We used to trade books and PMs quite a bit. 

I thought she passed away after the accident; it was a head injury IIRC. Her ebay account was deactivated and I seem to recall her husband posting a notice on the Boards; I might be misremembering though.

I'm not the best googler, but it appears that the fundraising thread was in 2013, and she last visited in 2017.

Edited by lizards2

On 1/9/2021 at 5:01 PM, Warlord said:

USPS may be catching up just a little bit.  I've received several packages mailed within the last two weeks, most arriving within 3-4 days.  Of course the longest delayed item I'm still waiting on is a package that shipped on Dec 15th that's still trying to find it's way here.  Tracking shows that it arrived in town a couple days ago, they just haven't been able to manage the last few miles yet.  :frustrated:

The Dec 15th package has arrived!  :banana:    Just one more package from December needs to escape the USPS clutches, but it shipped very close to the start of the year so it's not been quite two weeks yet.   Go USPS, clear that backlog!

Well as I said... I think I hold the record.

My package that was sent from the USA on Sept 4 2020 arrived yesterday Jan 12 2021 after being sent first to Australia, and then here to Canada. This is a badge I hope not to hold for a long time.

This is a first for me in almost 15 yrs of ordering online and receiving packages.

1 minute ago, romanheart said:

Well as I said... I think I hold the record.

My package that was sent from the USA on Sept 4 2020 arrived yesterday Jan 12 2021 after being sent first to Australia, and then here to Canada. This is a badge I hope not to hold for a long time.

This is a first for me in almost 15 yrs of ordering online and receiving packages.

Glad it finally arrived safe. My longest is December 8th, I am still waiting.