• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Massive Postal Delays
7 7

360 posts in this topic

I have a package that was being shipped from Georgia to North Carolina.  Order placed on November 27th, label created on December 14th.  Package per tracking is visiting Denver Colorado as of January 11th with no movement since.  So it looks like my order is taking a ski vacation before being delivered.

Psy

On 1/9/2021 at 5:45 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I shipped a small package out Dec 3rd.  Last update was Dec 11

All I’ve known since then is that it’s In Transit :insane:

It arrived!!! :banana:

Only 42 days from Toronto to San Francisco :insane:

Holy smokes!  Check out this bad boy that was shipped to me (in California) back at the end of November.  It's done more cities and had a longer tour than the Alanis Morissette/Tori Amos tour back in '99.  Hopefully I get it this month...or maybe next month.

January 14, 2021, 11:22 am
Departed USPS Regional Destination Facility
LOS ANGELES CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
Your item departed our LOS ANGELES CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER destination facility on January 14, 2021 at 11:22 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
January 14, 2021, 11:15 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
January 13, 2021
In Transit to Next Facility
January 11, 2021, 9:56 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
LITCHFIELD, CT 06759 
January 11, 2021, 6:02 am
Departed USPS Facility
WATERBURY, CT 06701 
January 11, 2021, 5:21 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
WATERBURY, CT 06701 
January 11, 2021, 3:59 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
SPRINGFIELD MA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
January 10, 2021, 1:30 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
December 27, 2020, 4:00 am
December 26, 2020, 2:08 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
December 25, 2020, 10:08 am
COPPELL TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
December 25, 2020, 7:02 am
DALLAS TX NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
December 24, 2020, 3:39 pm
December 1, 2020, 8:20 pm
Departed Post Office
MANCHESTER, CT 06040 
December 1, 2020, 2:47 pm
USPS picked up item
MANCHESTER, CT 06040 
November 30, 2020, 7:57 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
MANCHESTER, CT 06040 

2 hours ago, JazzMan said:

Holy smokes!  Check out this bad boy that was shipped to me (in California) back at the end of November.  It's done more cities and had a longer tour than the Alanis Morissette/Tori Amos tour back in '99.  Hopefully I get it this month...or maybe next month.

Your item departed our LOS ANGELES CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER destination facility on January 14, 2021 at 11:22 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
January 13, 2021
Arrived at USPS Facility
LITCHFIELD, CT 06759 
Departed USPS Facility
WATERBURY, CT 06701 
Arrived at USPS Facility
WATERBURY, CT 06701 
Departed Post Office
MANCHESTER, CT 06040 
USPS picked up item
MANCHESTER, CT 06040 
MANCHESTER, CT 06040 

Every package I've ever lost was headed to California. They need to terminate the top several layers of management and file criminal charges against carriers who deliver packages that aren't supposed to be "porch dropped" ... That would clear up 99% of  the horsepoop. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

... I remember threads from over five years ago that spoke poorly of that region and it's incompetence .

Edited by jimjum12

I guess my boots want to stay in Florida instead of coming up here in NY where it's cold. I can see it now..."You are going to NY...NO NO, I WANT TO STAY IN THE SUNSHINE...I'm NOT GOING!!"

I filed some special tracking thingy...I was supposed to be contacted in 24 hours. I think that was 2 weeks ago, lol.

December 26, 2020
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
December 22, 2020, 4:43 pm
OPA LOCKA FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
December 22, 2020, 3:28 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
MIAMI, FL 33169 
December 16, 2020, 5:14 pm
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
OPA LOCKA, FL 33054 
December 16, 2020, 2:25 pm
MIAMI, FL 33169 

It seemed like before the holiday Media Mail was one of the tiers that was experiencing massive delays. 

I’ve recently been selling some DVDs and Blu-Rays and shipping them MM. From acceptance at the Post Office to delivery those have been about 7-9 days which doesn’t seem too bad to me. 

I dropped off a Flat Rate envelope on 1/13 and it’s out for delivery today. 

On the other hand, I bought some books from a seller in Australia back in December and the estimated delivery day is 2/24...which may just be a guess as a tracking number hasn’t even gone live yet. 

On 1/6/2021 at 6:15 PM, 01TheDude said:

357579187_PLEASEDONOTBEND.thumb.jpg.9252fa1ad7ad6ea89135b76c6701fda2.jpg

always be sure to write PLEASE on your DO NOT BEND demands.

I worked unloading semi trucks at UPS one summer during college. The packages with the largest “Do not Bend/crush/etc.” signs that were targets for stomping. It was a bit of a game for some of the workers. 
Now I never, ever write anything on the boxes I ship.

I've had 20 packages go missing over the course of the last month (probably about $400 retail) which has causes quite the hassle all the way around.  All of these boxes where shipped around December 15 - 25 and I dropped them in the assigned containers since the line was out the door.  None are showing up as being scanned in and all of them where 1st class mail so I don't have any insurance on them (not that it would matter if they were never scanned in).  I've of course switched over to having everything scanned in but now I'm not seeing a couple packages as being scanned in even though I stood in line yesterday and got them scanned in (I've got the receipt so hopefully that will help).  I'm so fed up with the USPS over the last month I'm actually looking into using UPS ground and just upping my shipping price.  I don't like 1st class packages taking a month to get there but at least those got scanned in and the buyer can check to see where they are at but 20 packages disappearing is a new low.

Edited by 1Cool

Well - at least all the packages are accounted for when I had them scan them in before I left.  The previous 20 packages are still missing so they must have had a thief who grabbed boxes when people where not looking since I'm unclear how so many packages get lost (especially since they were in two batches on separate days).  I've had maybe 2 packages disappear over the last decade so for that many to up and walk away is just a crime (literally).

Edited by 1Cool

On 1/14/2021 at 2:34 PM, JazzMan said:

January 13, 2021
Arrived at USPS Facility
LITCHFIELD, CT 06759 
Departed USPS Facility
WATERBURY, CT 06701 
Arrived at USPS Facility
WATERBURY, CT 06701 
Departed Post Office
MANCHESTER, CT 06040 
USPS picked up item
MANCHESTER, CT 06040 
MANCHESTER, CT 06040 

Well, it took 47 days, crossed the country twice and it finally made it to my mailbox today.  :banana:

On 1/15/2021 at 1:18 PM, 1Cool said:

I've had 20 packages go missing over the course of the last month (probably about $400 retail) which has causes quite the hassle all the way around.  All of these boxes where shipped around December 15 - 25 and I dropped them in the assigned containers since the line was out the door.  None are showing up as being scanned in and all of them where 1st class mail so I don't have any insurance on them (not that it would matter if they were never scanned in).  I've of course switched over to having everything scanned in but now I'm not seeing a couple packages as being scanned in even though I stood in line yesterday and got them scanned in (I've got the receipt so hopefully that will help).  I'm so fed up with the USPS over the last month I'm actually looking into using UPS ground and just upping my shipping price.  I don't like 1st class packages taking a month to get there but at least those got scanned in and the buyer can check to see where they are at but 20 packages disappearing is a new low.

Same here so I now insist they are scanned so I wait in line. Do they not show accepted at all? If they are not I am afraid they might have walked off. 

It really doesn't matter which carry you use some actually use USPS and charge you more. 

14 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Same here so I now insist they are scanned so I wait in line. Do they not show accepted at all? If they are not I am afraid they might have walked off. 

It really doesn't matter which carry you use some actually use USPS and charge you more. 

The 1st batch of 10 packages from mid December are still not showing up as even getting checked in so I'm chalking them up as being gone.  The second batch of packages is now showing up as being in transit but I just refunded these purchases since it had been almost 3 weeks and none had been checked in.  Not sure what E-Bay or the buyers will do at this point but at least they are not gone like the other ones.

43 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

The 1st batch of 10 packages from mid December are still not showing up as even getting checked in so I'm chalking them up as being gone.  The second batch of packages is now showing up as being in transit but I just refunded these purchases since it had been almost 3 weeks and none had been checked in.  Not sure what E-Bay or the buyers will do at this point but at least they are not gone like the other ones.

Don't give up on them yet. I just had a package from 12-18 show up near its destination. Even the PO has extended their time to file claims from 60 days to 90 days. I opened a case, and they immediately closed it because it was now considered too soon.

I am used to the fact that the US mail delivers in just three to four days. But my last package from San Diego to the Wilmington warehouse has been in transit for 15 days. Moreover, the status has not changed for four days. After reading this thread, I'm afraid that I might not have to wait more than a month, or that it is not lost at all(worship)

On 1/18/2021 at 12:03 PM, 1Cool said:

Nah I just had 3 delivered that took 4 weeks each. 2 had opened up claims and closed them when they got their packages. 

Got to USPS.com and open missing cases on them. That will cause them to show up alot of times.

Well, I guess I spoke too soon. 

CGC shipped the second half of my submission on the 8th. Package moved it’s way across country on time but arrived at the ADC here in town on the 14th....right before the holiday weekend. 

After the holiday on the 18th the status  changed from being at the ADC to “moving through the mail system” and has remained that way all week. 

So at this point all the package has to do is take the 10 minute drive from downtown to my local northwest post office. That shouldn’t take a week. 

So how long do I have to wait before I file a missing parcel case to get this thing moving again?