• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Massive Postal Delays
7 7

360 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, wombat said:

Unfortunately there has been zero movement on this. I actually believe at this point it is lost and it will not turn up. 

Priority? You should fill out a search request form on the website if it was of much value. 

5 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Priority? You should fill out a search request form on the website if it was of much value. 

I've just been holding out hope, but yeah at this point I should. Value of about $100. 

I just contacted/e-mailed my Congressman to see if anything is going to done to help the Post Office get back to "Normal".

I (all of us) am paying $15.05 Priority Mail Shipping (2-3 Business Days) for packages that are taking two weeks (10 business days) to arrive, not the fault of the USPS folks in the distribution centers, local post office or the mail carriers...

Congressman Donald Norcross <nj01dnima@mail.house.gov>

Tue, Feb 2 at 11:14 AM

Thank you for reaching out to my office. I have received and recorded your communication on this important issue.

If you have an urgent request relating to a personal matter, please contact my Cherry Hill office at (856) 427-7000.

Thank you again for your interest.  To stay updated about how I'm fighting for the people of South Jersey, please sign up for my emails and if I may be of any assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Edited by marvelmaniac

On 1/23/2021 at 6:47 PM, wombat said:

We mailed a package from NJ to PA three weeks ago. It has been sitting in Florida for over two weeks. Yes, Florida. 

I had a package sit in Florida for 2 weeks and after that there was no tracking. It was mailed Dec 6th to NY, and I got it last week...so don't give up.

7 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I had a package sit in Florida for 2 weeks and after that there was no tracking. It was mailed Dec 6th to NY, and I got it last week...so don't give up.

Thanks for adding. Was it sent priority mail from FL?

6 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Thanks for adding. Was it sent priority mail from FL?

Yes, I it was and I had filed a missing package complaint. The company sent a replacement because there was no movement in a month and  I got the replacement 3 weeks ago.

8 hours ago, marvelmaniac said:

I just contacted/e-mailed my Congressman to see if anything is going to done to help the Post Office get back to "Normal".

I (all of us) am paying $15.05 Priority Mail Shipping (2-3 Business Days) for packages that are taking two weeks (10 business days) to arrive, not the fault of the USPS folks in the distribution centers, local post office or the mail carriers...

Congressman Donald Norcross <nj01dnima@mail.house.gov>

Tue, Feb 2 at 11:14 AM

Thank you for reaching out to my office. I have received and recorded your communication on this important issue.

If you have an urgent request relating to a personal matter, please contact my Cherry Hill office at (856) 427-7000.

Thank you again for your interest.  To stay updated about how I'm fighting for the people of South Jersey, please sign up for my emails and if I may be of any assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

That reply looks like the old “check is in the mail” response...:roflmao:

I'm in Va. and sent a Priority flat to a friend on Wednesday afternoon and he got it the next day in Indiana. Things may be on the mend... at least around here. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

... a USPS clerk that I've become friends with over the years told me that some of the Passports he was involved with took 30 days to finally arrive by Priority mail during the Holiday season. 

8 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

I'm in Va. and sent a Priority flat to a friend on Wednesday afternoon and he got it the next day in Indiana. Things may be on the mend... at least around here. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

... a USPS clerk that I've become friends with over the years told me that some of the Passports he was involved with took 30 days to finally arrive by Priority mail during the Holiday season. 

I am in Philly area and I am also seeing any new shipments returning to closer to normal delivery times. I am also seeing that they are taking the usual routes. 

11 hours ago, batman_fan said:

I have observed no difference in the mail delivery over the past several years.

Are you saying the mail delays of Nov '20 to Jan '21 were no different than those moths in previous years?

32 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

Are you saying the mail delays of Nov '20 to Jan '21 were no different than those moths in previous years?

I am saying for the stuff I get through the mail I have not seen and difference in delivery over the last several years.  Amazon does seem to take 1 to 2 days longer than they use to back when you could get next day delivery.  Seems to now be 2-3 day delivery.

I just I just wanted to add my two cents. I sent out four packages last week through USPS and the packages were delivered within 2 or 3 days Media Mail. One was even sent to Washington State and I'm in the southern usa.

Which is a far cry from early December when it took almost a month for a couple of packages to get delivered.

Edited by NWOslave
auttocorrect doesnt understand redneck language